Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum. I have a nice 336sc with JW stamp in 35 Remington and 170 rounds of 35 ammo. A local dealer offered me $800 and I'm torn. It's a nice rifle, shoots great and action is perfect. Ammo is unobtainable and if you find it it's $140 a box (gun broker.com). Looking for opinions...what would you do? Hold it or sell it?
Thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
$145 a box, that's worse than .444 was last fall on GB. That said, .35 Rem is the one ammunition that I still really haven't seen anywhere. I did run across about 6 boxes in an LGS a couple of months ago for $45-50 a box.

On the other hand, A different LGS had 18 boxes of .444 Hornady LVR on the shelf last week @50 a box.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If your ammunition today is worth 350 bucks that means he would be getting the rifle for 450. Definitely don't sell it. I don't even think you should sell the rifle for 850 by itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really have no hesitation keeping it if I were able to get ammo.
If your ammunition today is worth 350 bucks that means he would be getting the rifle for 450. Definitely don't sell it. I don't even think you should sell the rifle for 850 by itself.

I agree! And I think the value is going to go up! The difficult thing for me is, I want to shoot it. Love shooting steel at the range. Can't do that with the ammo limitations.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Keep it. There are other places to by ammo besides gun broker, you have to be diligent and look. You can get into reloading and never have the problem again. It does not take $1000 dollars to get into reloading, it can be done for less money than you expect. IF,,, you shop and stay away from the "best" stuff, as the "regular" stuff works just fine as long as you are not trying to shoot dime size groups at a mile. I did not mention brands on purpose, as every brand has it's loyal followers and absolute haters. Just like vehicles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agreed!

The math doesn't add up. I have been looking on GB for months and 35 rifle prices are through the roof! Ammo is worse.

Keep the gun or get more $$$ from another source.

Soliciting to buy, sell or trade outside the trading post is not allowed. You also need 25 meaningful posts to buy, sell or trade.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Of course keep it. That a real question? Lol. Never mind the fact that we are all enablers that will only tell you to get rid of the gun if you are selling it to “me,” you would get so much more if you sold the ammo and rifle separate by yourself. I would imagine the ammo easily goes for $350-$400 on Gunbroker, the rifle, probably $600-$700 based on recent auctions I’ve watched. A 336 waffle top SC .35 REM went for just over $600 the other day, I know because I was bidding on it.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts