Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scratched an old itch this week with a straight grip 1955 ‘pre Texan’ Marlin 336RC in 35 Remington. I’ve always liked the straight grip Texans but hadn’t seen a 35. Marlin just made too few of them. We are about the same age and both showing signs of hard use. It has the early flat-top rear sight, factory bead in good shape and a Ballard cut barrel with nice crisp rifling.

I found three boxes of Hornady 200 grain Leverevolution for deer etc. I’ll scare up some dies and concoct an XTP load for groundhogs and the like. I shot it a few times this AM with 200 grain Hornady. A minor sight adjustment put it in the middle of a 7" paper bowl at 100 yards. Casual shooting from sitting position suggests 2 MOA from this load and I’m sure it’ll beat that from a rest. I really like the old gun.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Sweet looking old Marlin! I love the look of the old walnut, nice and dark. I like the straights myself (Texan) Congratulations on a nice find!

·
Registered
30,284 Posts
Very nice! I love the older Marlins myself!
I have two 1950's waffle top Marlin 336A in .35 Remington!

ca'jun56

Reactions: SargeMO

·
Registered
308 Posts
That stock and foregrip are a beaut. Very nice rifle! They just really don't make them like that anymore (Remlin aside)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I really like that rifle

Reactions: SargeMO
1 - 6 of 6 Posts