Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all, curious if I can get a little direction.

In 2000 I was fortunate enough to purchase Marlin's 336M (first all stainless 30-30 rifle). The unfortunate part is that I never use it (only shot about 10-15 rounds thru the gun). My dad sold all his rifles a couple of weeks ago and I am looking to sell mine and get back into bow hunting. Curious if anyone would know what something like this would go for!?!?

I've looked all over the internet and haven't found any of the 336M's for sale, just the newer 336SS.

I have decided to sell the gun and if you are interested please shoot me over an email requesting pics/any other info!

[email protected]

God Bless
Yitbos78

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
My 2004 Standard Catalog of Firearms list the 336M exc 650 good 575.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
biglmbass said:
Is your gun the same as the current 336SS other than model # designation?
Should be, the only designation different as far as I know is that the 336M was the first year they made the stainless model (2000). I thought that the M standed for the Mellenium edition seeing that it came out in 2000.

Beautiful gun :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marlin 336M

If anyone is interested in buying my 2000 336M please shoot me an email

@

[email protected]

The gun is in excellent condition w/ all original paperwork/etc. The only thing I don't have is the box it came with. Please let me know if you would like pics or have any questions!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Book values will play games with your mind...period!

Wholesale [depending on distributor] can vary from $409-$430. Your rifle ought be be atleast that amount. Franlky, the stainless barrel will not be 'cured' until a few boxes of ammo have been down the tube...then you'll be sorry you ever sold it.

1) you can not replace that 30-30 for what you paid.

2) you eventually want another 30-30 the older you get, suppose an arm injury and you can not use a bow!

3) That stainless 30-30 will holds it value a lot longer than your bow.

4) Any kids, who's to say they'll bow hunt, you'll have a thutty-thutty and there ain't a finer Deer rifle.

5) "I've looked all over the internet and haven't found any of the 336M's for sale, just the newer 336SS. " You're kidding you can't think of why there are'nt used one's for sale..???

6) How many arrow's can you buy for the cost of a box of 30-30 ammo, can you accurately shoot your bow 175 yards....well you can wax a Deer with precision at that distance with that 30-30..

7) Techniques you use for bow hunting you can use to stalk!

8) if you want to kill Deer at Bow ranges get your self a Ruger stainless bolt action 77/44...I shoot mine with one hand like a pistol and it's deadlier than your aarrow especially a 50 yards or more.

9) Still set on selling it... :cry: :cry:

10) Put it away and 4-gedda-about-it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
EVERYONE should have at least one Marlin 336 in .30/30! Keep it. In a few years you'll be sorry you didn't as likes and dislikes change. I can't count the number of rifles and pistols I should have kept and didn't.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Did you sell that 336M?

I know, but maybe he still has it.

Matt

·
Registered
431 Posts
I sold one last year at 700.00.......Probably worth more this year, only because it was a limited "M" model.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ditto what High Priest said. If you have the original box etc. it could good for more than $1000 in an auction situation such as on GB. Now is it worth it, probably not but it was the first stainless. Like others have said if you don't need the extra cash keep it even if you don't use it, it can't be easily replaced. I also have a 336M that lives in the safe, it's an investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts