Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Hope it shoots well, mine has the receiver peep which helps with the old eyes syndrom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Put a Leupold base on it today and will rob a scope off something else. Plan on trying it this weekend if time permits. have to old boxes of factory , may shoot those instead of bothering to load :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
When I was looking for brass, I found a good deal on 100 rounds of factory ammo (Win 200-grain PPSP). It was being sold cheaper than the cost of 100 factory new cases! Overall it's pretty anemic... some of my 35 Remington loads have as much punch... The muzzle velocity chronographed at 2275 FPS. Like I said, it was cheaper than new brass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ranch Dog said:
When I was looking for brass, I found a good deal on 100 rounds of factory ammo (Win 200-grain PPSP). It was being sold cheaper than the cost of 100 factory new cases! Overall it's pretty anemic... some of my 35 Remington loads have as much punch... The muzzle velocity chronographed at 2275 FPS. Like I said, it was cheaper than new brass.

In one of my deals I acquired a new set of RCBS dies and 50 pieces of 356 brass . Have had it for about three years . Well right before I got the rifle I got the two boxes of factory . This gives me 90 pieces of brass . May have to pick up a bag of 50 next time I see some . But I think I'm in pretty decent shape.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ranchdog , the guy I got the 356 from also had two old boxes of 307WIN . he let me have those for $12.50 each .
That may cause me to have a 336XLR rechambered :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts