Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, we announced two new flyweight mag tube options for Marlin 336 rifles in all calibers. Flyweight aircraft grade aluminum, forearm length shorty button mag tubes and full length magazine tubes. Less weight and better performance. Are you a shorty or a full length mag tube guy?

1. Marlin Flyweight, Shorty Magazine Tube

In addition to saving weight, the X-1 Shorty Mag Tube is free of contact with the barrel, greatly reducing the unpredictable, potentially accuracy harming effects of traditional magazine tubes. While capacity is reduced to 3+1, many hunters feel that this is more than adequate. The X-1 mag is short, but not on benefits.

Fits all Marlin 336 Barrel Band model calibers such as 30-30 and 35 Rem (no Youth models)
Ultra light design shaves 6.5oz
Terminates just in front of the wooden forearm, for a sleek, sporter look
Durable, rust free, aircraft grade aluminum construction
100% drop-in fit. No gunsmithing or special tools required
Approximately 10 minute install
Capacity 3+1
Comes with one mag tube, one retaining cap, and one cover sleeve for barrel's front crosspin slot

2. Marlin Flyweight, Full Length Magazine Tube

The X-1 Series Full Length Mag Tube replaces the heavy steel, full length magazine tube with an ultra-light, aircraft grade aluminum tube

Fits Marlin 336 Barrel Band models in such calibers as 30-30 and 35 Rem (no Youth models)
Ultra light design shaves 5 oz
Same length as the factory steel magazine tube
Durable, rust free, aircraft grade aluminum construction
100% drop-in fit. No gunsmithing or special tools required
Approximately 10 minute install
Retain factory capacity
Comes with one mag tube and one rocket end cap

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I only load about 2-3 in the magazine anyway so a shorty would work for me. Darn tube magazines are hard on bullets and when one loads and unloads a lot the noses get pretty smashed. Over time. Some even start to stove pipe. Also I get a bit tired of working the action so much just to unload.

DEP

·
Super Moderator
23,918 Posts
3/4 mag tubes in the SC model handle wonderfully with a 20 inch Marlin--provides the right balance for me.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Great idea ! I also like the SC type mag tubes.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really like how you cater to the Marlin crowd. Have purchased in the past and will continue to patronize in the future. Keep up the good work.
Hey, if wasn't for Marlins, I wouldn't have no fun at all. Happy to do it. Thanks for your patronage!

AD

Reactions: Scorpiusb

·
Super Moderator
23,779 Posts
don't make me any difference long as one shoots real straight.
love the idea man!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Adam
How much weight would your Shorty Mag Tube save, over Marlin's SC mag tube setup?

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adam
How much weight would your Shorty Mag Tube save, over Marlin's SC mag tube setup?
Next to an SC tube, our X-1 Shorty is about 3oz lighter.

To give some context to how light the X-1 is, our entire mag/cap assembly weighs just barely more than the hardware which holds the factory tube in place.:thrasher:

Reactions: Vooch

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
This button idea is exceptional, especially the no gun smith needed bit. Done a few buttons before, thru a gun smith, read $$. Taken a lot of deer, do not recall ever firing more than three shots, and that was usually three deer at the same time.

Reactions: Vooch

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Reactions: Waffletop

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I like the idea, but I am a full length tube kind of guy. I wish the original guide guns in 45-70 and 450 Marlin would have come with full length tubes.

Reactions: Waffletop
1 - 15 of 15 Posts