Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Marlin 336 LTS with Leupold VX-III 1.5-5 (Price Adjusted)

(SPF to Greyling22) Needs and wants are out pacing my means. Decided to put my LTS on the block to fund other purchases.

I acquired the rifle several years ago and the previous owner must have worked it hard. The stock bore the worst of the wear so I refinished it. The metal shows some blemishes so take a good look at the detail photos. It's a fast little short barreled Texan styled Marlin that's nice to carry in the woods. If I remember correctly less than 2800 made. It loves the Remington 150gr factory ammo. The photos show a stainless straight one piece trigger but I've put the original back on. I also added a safety delete but do have the original safety and will include it. The Leupold 1.5-5 is a nice scope for the gun. Compact and fast target acquisition on the 1.5 setting but still have plenty of magnification should you need it. The bases are a two piece Warne and I don't remember the maker of the rings. Scope has some ring marks but glass is great.

I'm looking to pick up a nice 3 or 4" barreled .357 to carry with my 1894c. I'm leaning towards the S&W 627 Pro Series and would consider this as partial trade or $675.00 for the package shipped. I'll include two boxes of Remington 150s and three+ boxes of Federal 170s, but they have to go separately and shipping on the ammo is on your dime. Might split the package but it would't be quite as good a deal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
PM Sent

·
Registered
151 Posts
If the gun goes and the scope does not, I would be interested in the scope. Thanks in advance.

SM

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
PM's replied to. I've had several offers on the scope but I'm hesitant to sell the scope before the rifle. It's a nice combination and if the no one is interested in the rifle I'd prefer to keep it as set up for my own use.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've had a couple people PM that they don't know what an LTS is. This was a short (pun intended) run gun from the late 1980s. Only made for two years with the total produced around 2700. Barrel is 16.25". As stated in the original post I sort of rescued this gun as the previous owner must not have loved it. I refinished the stock and replaced the forend and mag tube with originals from Numrich. Worst metal issue is the slight nick on upper left of the receiver. My intent was to have the gun reblued but I've several Marlins that fit this ones hunting niche and would prefer the gun to be used by someone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fom, PM sent.

·
Registered
67 Posts
PM sent - Great looking carbine

·
Registered
67 Posts
PM sent - Great looking carbine

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Caliber? 30-30?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, 30-30.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All offers and PMs responded to. Still available.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Interest has dropped off so I adjusted the price. $675 shipped. I'll also offer up two boxes of Remington 150gr ammo and three boxes of Federal 170gr to the purchaser. Since they have to go separately you'd just have to pay the shipping on the ammo.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the bump Troy. I appreciate the kind words.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Sold Pending Funds to Greyling22

Thanks everyone for the kind words and bumps...

Reactions: Eaglestroker
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.