Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the Marlin website and see they now have the 1894 and 336 in a deluxe model. It has #1 select wood and is hand assembled/tuned by a "Marlin Master Gunsmith", for a premium price I would assume. I wonder if these will be any better then the run of the mill guns?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I think when Marlin did this in 2009 the were Listed for around around $799 for the 336 and $899 for the 1894

If I were to spend that kind of money 336 Deluxe I would buy and Older "JM" Deluxe

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Remember-----------these are Remlin "Master Gunsmiths " we're talking about-------just saying -----:vollkommenauf: the nice part is they won't charge extra for canted drooped barrels, slashed fingers from levers or the "custom " credit card relief left around the stock to tang fit. Good Luck.

Steve

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you're going to spend that kind of money go on GB and pick out whatever JM marlin you like, $799 to $899 may just about buy any of them.

Reactions: GaCop

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I saw one on the used rack last year. Wood was beautiful. I'm talking wood like a high grade Shotgun. I was thinking, dang that's a good looking gun... Then I shouldered it and did a double take. The front sight wad canted off to the right a good bit. I'm talking OBVIOUS cant, not just a little. If I recall, they wanted $699 or $799. I just laughed, put it back on the track and moved on.

My little blurb in my signature line still had not been fulfilled.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If you're going to spend that kind of money go on GB and pick out whatever JM marlin you like, $799 to $899 may just about buy any of them.
+1! :tee:

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
I haven't seen one yet around here; just the catalog picture some time back. I can't recall seeing/reading about anyone getting one anywhere either actually...

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Buy an older one. Buy some semi finished wood in an extra grade. Then take your time and make your own deluxe.

For stocks I like these folks, and you have to kind of mix it up for different things. For instance, if you want a Crescent buttstock and plate you have to go to their cowboy stocks for the butt. Then to the 336 for the fore end. Little pricey but not that bad for a custom piece of wood.

Precision Gun Works Semi-Finished Rifle Buttstocks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
that is a different model, the deluxe doesn't have the fancy engraving on the wood or metal. Basically it's just a regular 336 with fancy wood and a forearm end cap instead of a rear barrel band. Oh, and it's built by a "Marlin Senior Craftsman":hmmmm:.

ETA. I have no intentions of buying one(or any Remlin), I was just curious if this is Remington's way of trying to get a better gun out to the consumer. Make them pay more for a hand built custom model that is basically the same as the run of the mill JM guns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts