Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This rifle has the "M128xx" prefix serial number which I believe is 1953 (?).....the rifle is an ADL with cut checkering. You can't tell this rifle has ever been fired but I am sure it has. The scope mount screws are still in place and have never been turned nor has the receiver side mount screws for a peep. The receiver and lever blue is 99%. The wood has a few storage marks but nothing that will show up on a camera. What makes this rifle unique is it has the the "fat" factory sling swivels installed and a sling just not sure the sling is or was Marlin factory in 1953.

The bore is pristine.

The rifle has two flaws, the Marlin "bullseye" has fallen out and the back side of the barrel has freckling from storage just down from the front sight on the left side of the barrel only for about 2 inches. PRICE is $400.00...or best offer. Be sure your FFL can receive from non FFL.

Chocdog (Greg)

·
Super Moderator
25,163 Posts
Are you selling this rifle or just making the MO membership aware that you know where it is? Pics?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The rifle is for sale and I don't know how to post pics. I can get my son to take some I-phone pictues.

C.D.

·
Super Moderator
25,163 Posts
You will help out your sale with pics. One photo is worth a thousands words--according to some.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I was emailing him and interested in the rifle also. I just told him I bet that's the quickest sale ever on MO.

·
Registered
857 Posts
If it's as nice as he says it is, it's a little underpriced. Probably by 3-$500 or so. VERY few '55 A-DLs in .35 were made. I'd STILL like to see photos. The "fat" swivels he mentions (Winchester Super Grade style) are almost impossible to find and cost upwards of $150.00 when you do. A very desirable Marlin.
Bob

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
We'll probably get to see pics when jahrs get's his hands on it and want's to post pics of his new purchase.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I've got the pics in my email but can;t seem to save them and then post them here. They sure are pretty. Someone tell me how to move them to here and I'll be glad to.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Why is it every time I'm not glued to this forum something great comes up for sale at a awesome price!

Reactions: duxnbucks

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I've got the pics in my email but can;t seem to save them and then post them here. They sure are pretty. Someone tell me how to move them to here and I'll be glad to.
Put your mouse cusor on the picture and press your right mouse button.
A box should pop up with several choices.
Click on SAVE IMAGE AS
Name the image in a file you use for pictures.
Post them here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.