Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A none shooting friend told me about a Marlin for sale and I saw the gun today. Thinking it was a 336CS model I was quite shocked to find the rifle was indeed a 336-A model in .35rem with a "M" prefix which I believe is 1955. The rifles stocks are checkered which through me but it is not a deluxe model. My other 335-A in .35 is not checkered (1953). I have not handled a checkered model before.

The rifle is in pristine condition, never been scoped and no blue wear inside the action. The bad news was when I tuned the gun around to read the barrel inscriptions the first 6 inches of the barrel is corroded. The insid eof the barrel is clean. This could be repaired but the end of the barrel would have to be buffed and re-blued. I think 1/4 inch or 1/2 May have been cut from the stock.

I did not buy the gun.....yet. I already have a 336-A in .35 and really want a 336-A in 30-30. The deal offered me was the rifle and 5 full boxes of 200 gr rem ammo and two partial boxes of .35 150 gr ammo..........for $400.00.

I forgot to mention the rifle has the Marlin issued sling swivels and factory sling. I remember reading they are a rarity to find.

GO AHEAD EVERYONE AND TELL ME I'M CRAZY FO NOT BUYING THE 336-A

CHOCDOG

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Yeah...you're nuts!!!a fixer upper can be a diamond in the though four sure!! Go got that 35...

Did'ja get it yet?

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
aagggghhhhh! .there I feel better.Do the right thing.............If not ,let me know where it is:marchmellow:

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
5 boxes of shells is $150.00. You do the math. Or as stated where is it at.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Yep run back there and get it so you can post pictures and we can see it. If you don't like it you can always sell it here.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I'd not give $400 for it ... Point out all the bad points and offer em $300..... Any less I'd walk away. There are sweet rifles out the which are cheaper and no where near as rough.
Me.? I am even cheaper and would offer him $200 and come back next week, and maybe up it a bit.. I assure you a dealer didn't give the prior owner squat for that gun.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
GO AHEAD EVERYONE AND TELL ME I'M CRAZY FO NOT BUYING THE 336-a
Okay, you asked for it . . . You're crazy!

At minimum, good trading stock amongst everyone here.

B

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
And another thing... if my math is right (and it's probably not, but that's another story) you're getting almost $200 worth of ammo with the deal.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
You can not ask us that question. The answer is always YES.:biggrin:

Reactions: deerhog

·
Registered
472 Posts
The gun could very well be the more valuable A-DL model; but without pics who knows? As as been pointed out several times; buy the danged thing, and if you don't you're stoopid. You can sell the ammo for $150, that leaves $250 in the gun; which you can probably sell easily for $400 here. Some questions just don't make cent$?

·
Registered
569 Posts
If it were me there that gun would no longer be for sale. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright guys.... I will pick up the rifle next week and then figure out what I am going to do with it. I would like to find the impossible like a 336-A "30-30" barrel, replacing the bolt won't be a problem. I'll get pictures posted next week after I pick the gun up. If I decide to sell the rifle I'll post it for all to see.

Thanks for your encouraging posts, I'm starting "therapy" tomorrow.

Chocdog

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
Run don't walk back up there and buy that rifle before someone else snatches it out from under you!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts