Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up a marlin 336 in 375 winchester caliber. Now I can't find any ammo or brass.. anybody know of someone selling 375 winchester ammo or brass???

·
Super Moderator
26,091 Posts
If you don't reload--I have heard some MO members having good luck with ordering ammo from Keiths Sporting Goods out of Gresham, Oregon. They have a website and phone number that you can call. This store supposedly has many hard to find ammo types. Welcome to MO!

Reactions: lescarpentier

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congrats on acquiring one of the finest lever guns you could own. Factory ammo is rather scarce and very expensive. You should go ahead and prepare to get in to reloading. And casting your own boolits. You'll get the most out of your rifle and have the satisfaction of not being held hostage by the ammo companies.

Reactions: bjnist

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I was ready to fire form some 30-30 brass when I got my .375 last year but ended up finding some on GB. It hasn't seen any factory ammo yet and the way it shoots 250 grain cast boolits.... it probably never will.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
just picked up a marlin 336 in 375 winchester caliber. Now I can't find any ammo or brass.. anybody know of someone selling 375 winchester ammo or brass???
Hello hello.

I am just wondering does your rifle actually say Model 336 in 375 caliber? I thought all the Marlin 375 caliber rifles were designated a Model 375 just like the 444 were called a Marlin model 444.

Interesting. Just wondering.
djh.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I saw one for sale the other day and was tempted but am not sure about getting brass in Australia.... ?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Keiths Sporting Goods out of Gresham, Oregon.
I've been there once, I'll never go back!, from all the people in the shop you'd SWEAR!?? that it was the only gun shop in Portland!??, there was well over 100 people in there!, the GF got all flustered and went back out to the car, I barley made one lap around the counter and was OUT'A THERE!, I have actually purchased rifles from them, but at local gun shows.

·
Administrator
23,826 Posts
If you have Lee dies buy an expander for a .375 H&H then lube the case mouths on some 30-30 brass, one pass will get you an acceptable .375 Win to fire form.

The .375 H&H has a very long tapered expander. You can of course fire form the 30-30s.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Swany, times are hard but not THAT hard...yet. Things are tuff though, I was on the way to work the other mornin' and saw 3 buzzards fightin' over a fan belt! Guess they hadn't seen a 'possum in a while!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.