Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help. I am having a difficult time finding the approximate value of my Marlin 336. I know it was made in 69 and is in 95% to 100% condition. What I am having difficulty finding is the current approximate value. The Serial Number is 69 113XXX. Any information about value or any other information anyone can provide about this rifle would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,481 Posts
much depends on where you are located....prices will vary according to location, availability and demand...in Oklahoma I would figure 400 - 475

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
$375-450 in my area.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
$300 to $400 here. Last 3 were $375, $342, $300

·
Registered
569 Posts
$350 to $375 in my area, though if it sits around for more than a month I could probably bring that price down to $325. Like others said, really depends on the area you live.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Please help. I am having a difficult time finding the approximate value of my Marlin 336. I know it was made in 69 and is in 95% to 100% condition.
It's worth more than it was a couple years ago. In a couple years, it will be worth more than it is today.

"Made in '69" will be significant to Marlin Owners, and few others. Guessing, MO now has about 54,000 members, half of those already have a .35 or two. Some would buy another, and some not. Judging from the number of hunters in just a couple states, there are a couple million other buyers that might consider "Made in '69" to be old, and little more. Looking at used M336's, many are/were safe queens with as few as one or two shots a year since the day they were made.

So, with pictures and a post you might get that $500 price, or even a bit more. At the LGS, you might be somewhere between $250 and $350 more often than not.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
A 1969 in 95/100%? $500 easy. Problem is finding one!

·
Premium Member
8,169 Posts
Like others have mentioned - - depends on where you're located.

Round these parts, I have only seen two used Marlin 336's chambered in .35 Remington in the last 6 years. One of them was obviously a truck gun and well used. The other was a pretty plain piece with no figure or character to the walnut, but other than that, it was in pretty good shape. Both of them were tagged at over $525 - - and that was over three or four years ago now.

And... Like others have also mentioned - - finding a good used piece is the real difficulty. Most folks that have them are not turning loose of them.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Besides the comments above that I mostly agree with, you should probably take some time and do some searching around online etc. for what similar age, model/type, and condition rifles like yours are selling for currently if that your goal. A nice .35 should bring more than say a similar in 30-30 that are more common. Me, I'm never selling my .35rem.. ever, LOL!
Good luck to you.

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
$400 I have seen a few for less and a few for more. But 35 rem is not a well known caliber by the newer shooting crowd.
Highest one I have seen for sale was $500 and I saw that sit on the shelf for about six months before going away for what I do not know but doubt it was the asking price.
But all of this depends on what you want for the gun what you paid for the gun and what someone is willing to pay for the gun?
Plus factor in people keep track of what ammo is available now before buying and well that drops the price slightly with someone who would be a new owner of that caliber.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Please help. I am having a difficult time finding the approximate value of my Marlin 336. I know it was made in 69 and is in 95% to 100% condition. What I am having difficulty finding is the current approximate value. The Serial Number is 69 113XXX. Any information about value or any other information anyone can provide about this rifle would be appreciated.
Just curious.

What is Rollstamped on the Barrel, New Haven, or North Haven ?

That was back about the time the North Haven Marlin Plant was Built.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.