Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, brand new to the board, as I just bought my first rifle - a 1957 made 336. I paid $350 for the thing, which seems like a steal. It seems like the owner has had the gun sitting around for x years, and it may even be unused.

Does anyone know how the gun came packaged out of the box? I ask because the receiver has a thin film or residue on it, and the store said something about it being wrapped in some sort of packaging when the owner dropped it off.

The owner dropped off a winchester defender from the mid 80's (which I also bought, hehe) that still had the price tags on it, so it's very possible that this gun has been sitting, unused, for some time. The gun is in immaculate, I'm almost hesitant to use it in the field!

Anyways, I'll post picks when I get the thing (also waiting the 30 days for the gun to clear)

Toby

·
Premium Member
2,128 Posts
350 is a fair price for a 336 30-30 but a steal if its .35rem or .32win...

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Welcome to MO!!! nice find and nice price on that 336! we'll be waiting on pics when you get it... oh, and take it to the field and shoot that rifle... Marlins were made to be fired... and fired often!

·
Premium Member
9,847 Posts
Welcome from Goldthwaite, TX! Glad you've joined us! John

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners Forum! Nice find, you will be happy with the 336, great rifles. What's up with this 30 day wait? What state is that in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in CA, I believe it's a state law that consigned guns need to remain in the store for 30 days. I'm assuming it's so they have time to figure out if the gun is stolen, or worse

Thanks for the welcomes.

Anybody have any clue about the original packaging of the gun?

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Welcome to MO. (wait 30 days?) I thought California was bad. Where is it that you have to wait 30 days?

You answered my question before I asked it!

·
Premium Member
13,209 Posts
That is a great price for that rifle!!! Hello and welcome to Marlinowners from Louisiana!!!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Welcome to MO!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Sounds like you did well, and welcome aboard. Enjoy...

·
Super Moderator
15,895 Posts
WELCOME FROM OLYMPIA, WA; IN THE GREAT PACIFIC NORTHWEST - THE "ORIGINAL MARLIN®" (North Haven, CT Rifles) COUNTRY!

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
Congrats on your find! Sorry you have such a screwed up law in your state, 30 days is a long tome to wait to fondle your Marlin. Welcome to MO's from Montana, Our waiting period is just till NICS says "Proceed", 3-4 minutes.:biggrin: DP

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma! Congrats on your 30-30!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Georgia! Great rifle at a great price! :congrats:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Finally got it today! What a wait. Well worth it. I broke it down and cleaned it, there was some yellowish gunk in there which I'm assuming was old grease?

Anyways. The wood on this thing is beautiful! Very excited.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts