Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
30,948 Posts
Congrats, John. Looking forward to your range report.

Jack

Reactions: M1Riflenut

·
Administrator
30,948 Posts
I talked to Jack last night and the launch for his bullets is coming soon. I will let Jack opine on this matter further---he is the bullet maker/owner and he should be the one to provide the pertinent info.

Thanks, Jay.

Goose, I was set to launch but had a bad mishap that caused a postponement. With the bullets design being for 308ME I wanted to maintain a high BC which in order to do so produced higher than normal pressures. Consequently, several production dies especially the point forming die needed to be redesigned to accommodate the increased pressures.

Even with the redesign, the heaviest of the three bullet weights was right at the peak pressure these dies will withstand. Although, they proved to work through a good number of runs so I thought I had the HP problems licked. Until I made a small run for a photo shoot for the website and while running the heaviest bullet, the production point forming die blew up. That demanded me to tweak the bullet design a tad to lesson the peak pressures. Couple the tweaks in design with waiting for the custom production die replacement, and consequent range testing of the tweaks made, it pushed the launch date.

In the interim, my computer took a major dump with all my data on board. **sigh** It's been a nightmare retrieving all the data and I still had some key data missing. Fortunately, Jay kept all my emails to him and sent them to me which has some of the missing data. THANK YOU JAY!

The good news is I'm wrapping up everything to launch. While these bullets are specifically designed for the 308ME, they're equally superb for 300SAV, 308WIN, and `06 as Jay can attest too. And we'll have BONDED bullets for the 308ME offered in three weights that increase the 308ME performance beyond that of 308FTX 160gr factory ammo.

How soon? I'm working to launch as fast a possible.

Jack

·
Administrator
30,948 Posts
Hot dam!!! Been looking very forward to this. Sooooo is your website up and running? Link? Or are you launching the site and bullets at the same time?

Hayden.

Nicky, I appreciate your interest. I'm launching the site and bullets the same day. Soon.

Jack

Reactions: Ret_Eng

·
Administrator
30,948 Posts
Jack won't! He and I have talked about this a few times--right, Jack? LOL!
I seem to recall a few mentions of such a notion in our conversations. :flute: :biggrin:

FWIW Jack's bullets are part of the reason I bought this gun. If you need someone here on the east coast to test them let me know :)
I thought you bought it because it's purdy. I sure would like to snag one at some point.

Will do, John. Jay has certainly sent a bunch of my bullets down range in his testing. LOL

Jack

Reactions: Ret_Eng
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.