Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a used Marlin 30 30 and do not want to pay $350 for a Walmart made Marlin. I know the stock for a Walmart is a laminate how can I tell if is a laminate? Is there a number(s) or letter that means it is Walmart made. I use to buy Walmart in the 70s up to before Sam passed away now everything there is made in China even food products you think come from the US. My X was Mrs. Walton's private pilot, and she heard a lot! The US deficit will keep climbing the more people support that company it's not who is in office. Do the math for every dollar spent at Walmart 80% goes to China and not the US. That's why the US keeps browing from China.
If you consider yourself a patroiat DON'T BUY WALMART!

·
Registered
569 Posts
Check your local gun shops and pawn shops for an older Marlin, you should be able to find some good deals. Laminate is pretty easy to spot, I don't have any pictures to show as all my guns have walnut on them. Easy way to tell, look for the bulls eye mark in the stock, then you know your getting walnut.

Reactions: unclesarge58

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Marlins sold at Walmart are made in upstate New York, not in China. They were made in North Haven, CT, until about 5 years ago, when Remington bought Marlin, closed the old plant, and moved the machinery to the NY location.

There is a widely-held feeling that quality has declined since this change, but not because the rifles are made in China, because they are not.

·
Administrator
23,798 Posts
Right front of the bbl will have REM on it if it is a new Marlin made by Remington in the USA

It will have JM on the right front of the bbl if it is a Marlin made prior to Remington taking Marlin over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts