Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this about 3 months ago and just now got a camera ;D

Took her to the range and she's 6" high at 50yds with no change in windage with factory Hornady LeveRevolution ammo. Even got her HOT, 14 rounds in about 30-40 seconds,with no change in impact as well. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doc Fillem said:
Looks cool, I like it! You gonna add a scope?
Yes.

Either a red dot Aimpoint Micro or 3-9 Trijicon. :)

But not for awhile though as I still have to get a scope for my 5R Remington .308 I just got first. ;D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Slanteyedshootist said:
Looking good. How was the installation? Any problems? I've watched the video and it looks real easy.
The only stressful parts are getting the dovetail base into where the elevator ramp used to be and using a drill or file to line up all the holes correctly without removing too much material. :)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Furyataurus said:
The only stressful parts are getting the dovetail base into where the elevator ramp used to be and using a drill or file to line up all the holes correctly without removing too much material. :)
Looks great Fury - I just bought a 336 ss with the same set-up as yours and a ramline synthetic stock & forearm (originals wood and sights came with it too). I am happy as Larry :) Gonna take it out to the range this weekend.... I will start off using 6 o'clock hold .... gotta chrony my home brewed loads too..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Furyataurus, sweet set up you have there! ;D

When I bought my XS Ghost Rings Sights a few years ago, the rail system was only available for the 444, 45-70 and 450 Mar. IIRC.

It's a nice set up. I'd like to use that set up with a regular type Leupold 2x7x28mm Compact or 4x 32mm Fixed Scope with quick removable rings if they'd work for that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Furyataurus, with your set up, can you mount a regular scope back far on the receiver like most scopes are mounted without the rear Ghost Ring Sight being in the way?

Thanks, NYH! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts