Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,762 Posts
How many yards? And what are your groups like with other guns with open sights?
One part of the equation is the performance of the gun, the other part is the performance of the shooter. Some people are good iron sigh shooters while others are not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I made this at 100yrd with factory ammo Rem. Coreloc 150gr.
One part of the equation is the performance of the gun, the other part is the performance of the shooter. Some people are good iron sigh shooters while others are not.
It was at 100yrds with 150 gr. rem.coreloc

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
And was you shooting from bench did you use a rifle rest if so what kind or were you shooting standing? need more info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’ve always heard the old timers say, ”if you can keep it within a coffee can- you can hunt with it at that range.”

·
Super Moderator
7,018 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

A 2" group at 100 yards with iron sights is just about as good as it gets with that orange "dot" as your target, and with factory ammo. So I say, good shootin'.

·
Super Moderator
3,724 Posts
With my eyes and stock open sights I would not be happy but would take it. I would adjust sights for a cold rifle and take my time at the range and sight it in cold. I’m sure it would tighten up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'd be happy with that if the groups were consistent. It's more than enough to ethically kill game animals.

·
Registered
875 Posts
While it's not bad, I'd try a few different brands of ammo, and see if it tightens up. You might be surprised at what you find.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts