Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To permit joining CAS Long Range Side Matches, I'm shopping for a 3/8" dovetail flip-up barrel sight for my 1894. I know the low power 45's are not meant for this, but CAN reach out there. I was NOT last in last Saturday's 200M side match event with a 3-shot, singly loaded string time of 18.46sec. Although, my rifle did seem to be about 1 Foot shorter than all the others out there, my Wife, aka "Barb-B-Sue", was proud of my Mc Gyver use of Popsicle sticks to "adjust" the rear sight! lol Either case, it was much fun.

I found a barrel mounted flip-up sight from Buffalo Arms [$200] and engraved settings from 200yds-800yds. I'd prefer to spend a LOT less than $200 for these infrequent matches, and a ladder sight 1/3 as tall. All help is appreciated.

Wally, aka "Steel Striker"

·
Super Moderator
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marlin barrel mt'd dovetail ladder sight available < $200???

To permit joining CAS Long Range Side Matches, I'm shopping for a 3/8" dovetail flip-up barrel sight. I know the low power 45's are not meant for this, but CAN reach out there. I was NOT last in last Saturday's 200M event with a 3-shot, singly loaded string time of 18.46sec. Although, my rifle did seem to be about 1 Foot shorter than all the others out there, my Wife aka Barb-B-Sue was proud of my use of Popsicle sticks to "adjust" the rear sight! lol Either case, it was much fun.

I found a barrel mounted flip-up sight from Buffalo Arms [$200] and engraved settings from 200yds-800yds. Ideally I'd prefer to spend a LOT less than $200, and a ladder sight 1/3 as tall. Also in the mix, is the fact these long range side matches are infrequent, thus diminishing the enthusiasm for a large inve$tment.

I am more inclined to apply this product to my Marlin 1895GS, as I hope to launch my favorite loadings at a 600yd range this Summer, but that's another project. Thanks for watching.

·
Super Moderator
9,280 Posts
Duplicate threads merged to avoid confusion and duplicate postings.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I see the links ...now. I just wanted to chk the forum whilst in the midst of writing you & my reply went away & my login ID disappeared too. When I clk'd back onto this team forum, my ID appeared again. Snap. Moving onward--Do you have a clue as to the quality of American Arms vs Smith vs Uberti dovetail sights? I fear I'm relegated to making a $100-$200 decision based solely upon the quality of one web sites photo?!? Arrrgh.

Thanks for your patience.

Reactions: BFPGW
1 - 5 of 5 Posts