Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find the value of this 22 pump. Hope someone here may help. It's not a family rifle. I found it on one of the gun forums I visit. I'm guessing it was made around 1913 - 1916. I haven't received it yet so I don't know any more about it than is in the pics. It looked decent and worth taking a gamble on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Your gun appears to be original and in good shape,with still some original finish left.There seems
to be a growing intrest in these great little Marlin rifles.The Model 29 was listed in the January,
1912 Supplement price list to the July 1,1911 price list.It seems they were listed in the price list
till 1917.Some Model 29's have the barrel marking of The Marlin Firearms Corporation on them which
would seem to place them after 1921 but Marlin is well noted for assembleing guns from parts that
they have left on hand.It is for the most part the same as the Model 20 I think the differance is
is the Mod. 29 has a 23 inch round barrel where the Mod.20 has a 24 inch oct.And the Mod.29
has a smooth fore-arm.The Mod.29 is listed in the 1912 price list for $7.00.I saw one sell out of
the back of a van not long ago for just over $300.00 it didn't have hardly any finish left but was
still in good shape.

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
You bought it off a gun forum without knowing what it was worth??? :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
marlinman93 said:
You bought it off a gun forum without knowing what it was worth??? :)
Yes, I did. Just about any 22 these days is going for around $200.00 and so I really didn't think I'd lose anything on this one. Besides, I like the old guns.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts