Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to stop at the LGS today and after a brief look about I spotted a NOS Marlin 25N. However, this particular rifle was different than any other 25N that I've seen. The tag on it said "Marlin 25N Target". I was very curious, so I asked to look at it. Right off the bat I noticed that it had somewhat of a beavertail forearm. I looked it over and nowhere did it state that it was a "target" model. It simply said 25N on the barrel. It still had the factory stickers on the stock and card in the trigger guard. Also included is the original box. What is this thing :hmmmm:? Is it some sort of a special run? Is the stock the only thing that makes it a "target" model? It has the same length barrel as a "regular" 25N, because there was one sitting right beside it. I've tried to find information on it, but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Did it have standard sights on it, was it a plain dovetail receiver or was it D/T'd for receiver sights, label on box end said what. Could be the original owner just replaced the original stock. Marlin did make a target rifle based on the 25 action, heavy barrel and target rifle stock, I believe it was the Model 7000. Some good info on them at rimfirecentral.com in the Marlin forums.

Reactions: alman

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it had standard sights and a plain dovetail receiver. The barrel looked to have the same contour as the 25N sitting beside it. I cannot really believe that the original owner would have replaced the stock on it. He trades in guns pretty frequently to this particular LGS that are all new in box. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Well, ya got me stumped, nothing about it in my Brophy Marlin book.

·
Premium Member
15,449 Posts
:congrats:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts