Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Marlin 25-20 lever action Ser # 427654 Paten Dates Oct 11 1887 to April 1 1893. Can find model number on the gun but I know it is old.
I also have two boxes of shell. Great Grand Dad used it to hunt hogs in Arizona and Mexico.
Any information anyone can provide would be helpful. Need a value on the gun for insurance

Be safe

John

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You can or can't find the model number? Probably on the upper tang, maybe Model 94?
If your serial number actually started with a 3 instead of a 4, it would likely be 1905.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome from West Michigan, sounds like a neat gun. Guys on here will be able to help you. Great members here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can or can't find the model number? Probably on the upper tang, maybe Model 94?
If your serial number actually started with a 3 instead of a 4, it would likely be 1905.
I have a Marlin 25-20 lever action Ser # 427654 Paten Dates Oct 11 1887 to April 1 1893. Can find model number on the gun but I know it is old.
I also have two boxes of shell. Great Grand Dad used it to hunt hogs in Arizona and Mexico.
Any information anyone can provide would be helpful. Need a value on the gun for insurance

Be safe

John
Thanks I will double check

·
Super Moderator
15,742 Posts
Welcome to marlinowners.com from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "The Original 444 Marlin®" Country! Hooaaahhhh!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Double check and the first number is 4 also it is a Model 94
Thanks.

·
Registered
31,289 Posts
Welcome from the marshes of south Louisiana.

ca'jun56

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
Welcome! If you shoot it save the brass!

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Welcome from Central NYS !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts