Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a box ox 50 Marlin 25-20's today sight unseen for 50.00! Marlin Marked box and headstamps. Did I pay too much? Gentleman is also going to sell me a couple of Marlin Marked Ideal loading tools in 32-20, 25-20, and 38-40. What is a good rate for them if in 50% condition? Thanks a bunch. moodyholler

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
You absolutely stole the box of ammo, if it isn't reloads. All original, Marlin marked .25-20's will easily fetch over $100 for a full box.
As for the Marlin marked tools, I haven't bought any for awhile, but I was finding them on Ebay, and at local shows for $20-$40. I think they've gone up a bit in the last year or so. I've seen asking prices of $80-$100, but haven't seen any buyers.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hi Moody,
Good work on the box of ammo! At $1.00 per round, that is a steal. In my 32 years of collecting cartridges, Marlin marked rounds were always a bit higher on the price, especially when you get into the large caliber cartridges. If you ever stumble across any W.R.A. Co. rounds with "32-40 MAR." on them, snap them up! They are extremely rare. I had a hard time finding a WRA Co 32-20, which was the headstamp for the Marlin offering. The 25-20 Marlin is in my WRA Co 1911 catalog, but not in my 1928 catalog. I don't know when WRA Co stopped loading them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts