Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am a new user but have browsed in the past. I am a big fan of the papoose- I own three- 0ne I just got last week for $38, and also have owned a model 60 for twenty years or better. also have a 99M-1.

Just out of curiosity:
since the AWB expired has anyone contacted Marlin or Ramline about producing full capacity magazines? I am planning to write and call tomorrow.

Ditto, ram line folding stocks.

Anyone do any home gun smithing on marlin rimfires, any extractor modification ideas ?

BTW Gun Parts corp has 15 rnd mags to fit older guns under Glenfeild model 70 on their website.

I carry my stainless papoose daily when feeding the animals, handy as all get out, and is great with CCI 22 cb long for quiet squirrel sniping. I am looking forward to getting to know you all- I've been off the computer radar for a spell. Thanks and take care

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ive seen all the bells and whistles back out for the ruger 10-22s, but unfortunitly not for the marlins or the remingtons. Perhaps somone else can tell you better. Welcom to the marlin owners forum by the way. Its a cool place full of good people and great info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Mr Joe.

Yes the ruger has many more acesories than any of the marlin rimfires. I just aquired a 10.22 in a trade and its ok. Works fine, robust construction, and some nice features. But, I have been spoiled by my stainless papoose- last shot bolt hold open, better mag release and ergonomics, slimmer profile. Granted, most of these can be corrected on the ruger but at extra cost. the Ram line mags are nice, though. I make some of my own acesories, and am not afraid of modifications- some do not look all that pleasant, but work well. currently I am considering filing off the small stud inside the mag well that keeps older magazines from fitting more recenlty produced guns. I can't see how this would harm anything after looking at it, and do not see why Marlin would bother to add it to the feed throat in the first place, other than PC nonsence. BTW I found some 25 round mags for sale- 5 to be exact- $45 each. I'm calling ram line.

Thanks again,
- John

1 - 3 of 3 Posts