Marlin Firearms Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
SPF - Marlin 2001 1895gs ported with custom pistol grip stocks - pristine condition

SPF - - MARLIN 2001 1895GS PORTED .45-70 WITH CUSTOM PISTOL GRIP STOCKS IN PRISTINE CONDITION.

This is killing me because you guys know I do not like to break up my herd of STAINLESS MARLINS but this gun deserves so much more than being a paper puncher. Ya'll know I am a target shooter only so this beauty has never been out in the woods and has seen very limited shooting at the range - like once in the last 2 years... She is in pristine condition and if you see a scratch on her you put it there!! The stocks are custom hand rubbed finish pistol grips - ya'll know the GS came from Marlin with straight grips. The pistol grip gives a really nice feel and control with those big .45-70 loads in my opinion. The PENTAX 6x42 GAMESEEKER SCOPE and DNZ ONE PIECE RING MOUNT as shown is included along with a Marlin Bag and Marlin Leather Sling. If the buyer prefers I can swap the scope with a 3-9x40 Barska scope on the same DNZ mount. I have seen real "JM" Marlins like this sell for a lot more but I want to be fair to my fellow Marlin Owners pals so I think $900 plus shipping cost to your FFL in the 48 US States is fair to us both. If an MO does not take this in a reasonable time I will be posting her on GB. If there is a particular part of the rifle you want to see let me know and I will take some more pictures. I will safely pack and ship insured to the buyer's FFL so they must accept shipment from a non-FFL.

Gun Shotgun Guitar Trigger
Metal

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun

Shotgun

GB45

·
Registered
7,925 Posts
That my friends, is the bargain of the Century.

Wow. awesome piece!

Russ pounced!

Mike T.

·
Banned
1,758 Posts
GB, that's a real nice price on such a pretty Marlin.

Yer a good man.

Brocky

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Nice!

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe I gave too nice a price!?!?!! Had 3 offers within the first 2 hours after I posted it and that was at 130AM !! I guess I am not the only LATE NIGHTER on MO.
Looks like they all want it without the scope and base so we will work out a deal. russell4570 was first to reply so he has first dibs.

GB45

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
I get alerts lol via tapatalk app thru my phone. I was presently brought from my sleep to find such a fine rifle listed :).

My offer has been made and I'm waiting on a yes or no:). I appreciate first dibs but as long as we keep her in the family this guy is happy. I mean do I really need a fourth GSP? Why yes yes I do

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well the magic words have been spoken so SPF for $875 shipped to russell4570. I gave in to Russell considering he is a Firefighter and a protector of the people and property in his hometown. Stay tuned folks, I have a $6000 dental bill to pay for my wife so I have a dozen other Marlins I will be deciding what I plan to keep and what I plan to sell...

Arsenal

GB45

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Well the magic words have been spoken so SPF for $875 shipped to russell4570. I gave in to Russell considering he is a Firefighter and a protector of the people and property in his hometown. Stay tuned folks, I have a $6000 dental bill to pay for my wife so I have a dozen other Marlins I will be deciding what I plan to keep and what I plan to sell...

View attachment 104666

GB45
Oh my! I see I'm not the only stainless fanatic. Thank you

Oh and I'll take "them" lol

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you guys realize that 1894SS 45LC is the ONLY ONE IN EXISTENCE IN THE WHOLE WORLD?? How could I ever think about selling the companion to my Ruger .45LC Super Blackhawk? I would have to sell them as a matching pair - - - and would take DEEEEEPPPP POCKETS!!!

Gun Firearm Rifle Air gun Trigger

GB45

Reactions: russell4570

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
GB45

I wasn't suggesting you were selling, just stating the UNobvious! :)
I wouldn't either, But maybe that ZG!? :flute::biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey folks - as usual those folks who should be applauded are not - I know - as a US Navy Vietnam Vet in the mid 60's we did not get much appreciation back in the day - but not only is Russell a FIRE CAPTAIN he is also a 15 year USMC veteran so I am proud to say THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE, BROTHER RUSSELL!!!

GB45

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.