Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may not be the right forum but it is a rimfire. I bought an 1897 and wanted a manual to help take it apart. I got one off the internet for $8 that supposedly was for the 1897 but really was just for the 39/39A. It helped a bit but the 1897 is quite different. So I wrote one on taking the 1897 apart. Also covered getting stuck screws loose and tried to determine the threads on on each machine screw in the rifle. The thread determination is challenging and I am still working on it. You can get the pdf manual by going to the link below and then downloading the manual from the link at the bottom of the page. I am very interested in comments on how to make it better & more useful.

Firearms | thomannengineering.com

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
First off Welcome to Marlin Owners.

Second just started looking at your guide, will have to take a longer look later.
But did see you needed to know what the threads were on the sight and tang screws.
It is 8-40, this thread was used up to at least 2010. The srew holes were ment for the
Malin Hepburn sight. It was added to all center fire and most of the rimfire rifles, from
about 1903 to 1915.
I will see if I can find a picture of the sight.

·
Premium Member
14,141 Posts
Here is the picture I was talking about.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts