Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All.. Can anyone tell me if this Model.. the 1895SBL is stainless steel..??? or just "stainless finish" like the Marlin website says..??? I suspect Marlin is just putting some sort of
"stainless finish' on this model..??? Thanks To All..
Pete

·
Super Moderator
12,695 Posts
The 1895SBL is mostly stainless but some parts are plated and may include the end cap, magazine plug, sling swivels, hammer spur etc. Overall it is a very durable finish if taken care of. FWIW the XS parts are aftermarket parts and were installed at the factory so can be removed and replaced if desired. Plus you can sell the unwanted parts as take-offs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You kingstrider..!!!!! just waht I wanted to hear..!!! So...that model is factory drilled and tapped for receiver(peep)sights..??
Thank You for replying..!!!
Pete

·
Super Moderator
12,695 Posts
Yes the top of the receiver has 4 holes for mounting a scope, peep sight etc. Just make sure to order the type that mounts on top and not the side of the receiver. They stopped D&T the side of the receiver years ago. Welcome to the forum BTW.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina! Marlin made a few big loop Marlin 45-70's that are "coated stainless": Here are all three (there was a fourth made by Remington Marlin, but I haven't picked that one up yet).
Top is a GBL, center SBL, bottom ABL:
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have an SBL and she is stainless all the way. Cleaned her up when I got her and she is smooth as silk, scoped her and match accurate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.