Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my Marlin 1895 Trapper upgrades complete, with the installation of a Wild West Happy Trigger, WW Bearproof Extractor, Ranger Point loading gate and brass peep sight, Beartooth Safety Delete, leather lever wrap, and leather basketweave butt cuff.

I know the Remington version of the Marlins got a well deserved black eye early on, but this later release rifle has a better action and fit up than my previously owned JM 1895gs.

I love the way this carbine length rifle handles!
Grey Wood Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
561 Posts
Looks very nice. A black basketweave sling is needed to complete the look. But why is the loading gate yellow? The orange is the magazine follower I’m guessing. I really like the 1894 Trapper that I built last year. A handy rifle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks very nice. A black basketweave sling is needed to complete the look. But why is the loading gate yellow? The orange is the magazine follower I’m guessing. I really like the 1894 Trapper that I built last year. A handy rifle.
Thanks. I agree on the sling, I just haven't found one I like as of yet. As far as the loading gate color, I was hoping it would be of a brass color to match my brass sights, instead of the bright gold color. I didn't want a stainless or black, so I stayed with the gold one.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
That looks really good and should give you years of great service.

·
Registered
339 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts