1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
180 Posts
Good shooting and nice looking rifle. 8)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great post, beautiful gun.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The only thing missing on the beauty is a cowboy tube.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing missing on the beauty is a cowboy tube.
I go back and forth on this........I love the looks of the full magazine tube, but on this rifle, I kind of like the half mag............but that could change!.... ;D

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
rbertalotto said:
I go back and forth on this........I love the looks of the full magazine tube, but on this rifle, I kind of like the half mag............but that could change!.... ;D
I like it, both ways actually. I think a CB would be an awesome gun, but this short mag tube configuration has some real appeal to me.
Nice rifle!

·
Registered
32,303 Posts
Yes, very nice rifle that one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice rifle - I do like the look of it :D
Nice group too!

Now you just need to shoot a 5 shot group, no bigger than that, on the Postal match target and send it in for Team 45/70 8)

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
HotShot2 said:
Now you just need to shoot a 5 shot group, no bigger than that, on the Postal match target and send it in for Team 45/70 8)
Yes, that's a great idea!!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
rbertalotto said:
Guess I need to get over there and join and get a hat!
We'd love to have you in the team!!! :)

Like HotShot2 said, we could use a ringer like you in the team postal match!!! :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
rbertalotto said:
The octagon barrel and half magazine sure look good to me...just an elegant vintage look about it. My last purchase was a 30/30 336A with 24 inch round barrel and half magazine.

·
Registered
638 Posts
rbertalotto said:
I really like how your Marlin looks now. It looks like some of the Old Custom Marlins they built back in the day.

And besides at least for myself I have not found a reason to carry more than 3 or 4 rounds in the pipe. If you need more the Marlin is just too easy to load more if needed.

·
Premium Member
3,192 Posts
rbertalotto said:
Guess I need to get over there and join and get a hat!
If you would like to join, just say the word and I will add you to the team roster!!! :)

·
Registered
603 Posts
that is a nice looking rifle, looks like it balances just about perfect

1 - 16 of 16 Posts