Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Marlin 1895 LTD II

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Rickys2 
#1 ·
So there I was window shopping again and I stumbled on one of these Davidson's exclusives at the guns international site under Marlins. Price was $895 and if I had it, I would surely buy it. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, this is a Davison's exclusive made sometime around 1998. It is a 45-70 has sports a 26 inch octagon barrel with a checkered, pistol grip stock. They made 1,000 of them. I am pretty sure that they pre-dated the cowboy models, but in my mind it's a cowboy in every sense except for the barrel markings :)

-Bob George

#4 ·
Hey Wind,

That was my typo on the 26 inch. I knew it was 24 and I don't know how that 26 got in there :)

I did not know that there were 2,000 of them made though. I thought all five of them were limited to 1,000. Wouldn't really matter to me though since I love octagon barrels, pistol grips and checkering :)

I have been thinking of selling my ER and now I wish I had because the money from that sale would go to this one. I should just get off my butt, take some pictures, decide on a price and get it posted so I'll be ready when the next one comes along. So far I have missed out on a Cowboy in 38-55 and this one while I try to decide on a price for the ER.

-Bob

#7 ·
He who hesitates..........waits.

#13 ·
45/70 gov is to me the best round for a guide gun to use in Alaska. I used to try to go once a year in the winter or late fall ( other times you are fighting the bugs). To hunt, fish or just walk around the trails. One of the best feeling is to get off the snow machine and follow fresh tracks on the snow and instantly you become the and hunter or the prey. Back to your rifle if not that one you need to find other 45/70 rifle. Everyone should have one in there collection. I sold most all my marlin to pay medical bills, but I keep the 45/70 Guide Rifle. Good Luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.