Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Those are listed as salesman demo rifles. Probably have some handling marks but likely not shot much. Good prices on them. I would love one but my eyes are getting to big for my wallet! I need to be independently wealthy to feed my Marlin and Smith and Wesson/Ruger revolver addictions.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
I have a GBL. Changed out the trigger to a happy trigger and it's deadly accurate. Great rifle.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have a GSBL and like it a lot . Removed the green stocks and replaced them with some nice JM walnut.
Haven't had any issues with it and its accurate,seems to have been put together right. Really like the fire sights on it for close range wacking.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I have a GBL. I got it specifically for the longer tube. But it's a lot to handle on heavy lead at 1600fps or faster.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a GSBL and like it a lot . Removed the green stocks and replaced them with some nice JM walnut.
Haven't had any issues with it and its accurate,seems to have been put together right. Really like the fire sights on it for close range wacking.
New to the forum and would like to know where to find replacement stocks. I'm thinking of purchasing the trapper but like wood on my lever gun.

·
Premium Member
4,980 Posts
I MIGHT like the big loop lever rifles in 45-70!! Now, if that is a GSBL, that is the Green Stainless Big Loop....which I'll have to get eventually to round out the set....it'll be the only non-JM rifle in the bunch...but if it works, I'm golden!
Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Air gun

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the AcuSport version from around 2008 perhaps. 1895ABL: 18.5 inch barrel, pistol grip gray/black laminate stock with big loop lever. Topped it off with the XS Sight rail so I can swap out the low 2x scope as needed.

I start off with my AR for a bit and then pull out the 45-70. Everyone thinks "oh how cute, he brought a cowboy gun to the range"...until the hammer falls. Its suddenly like "Jesus, Joseph and Mary...what in the hell are you shooting????" :hahaha:

·
Registered
656 Posts
New to the forum and would like to know where to find replacement stocks. I'm thinking of purchasing the trapper but like wood on my lever gun.
It takes a bit of looking. I got lucky and a couple of nice members of this forum sold me the wood .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.