Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marlin 1895 45-70 with a 22" barrel need a pre-fit recoil pad. Just bought it a few months ago has a little more kick than I planned on. Anybody has any suggestions? One I don't have to sand and will fit the same screw holes. Any help would be great.:questionmark:

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Seldom do even the pre-fit pads, fit perfectly. Most of the time a little grinding will be needed. You may want to consider a slip-on pad.

·
Registered
673 Posts
A pre cut pad is hit and miss, especially on Marlins. I have bought pads that would not fit well on anything. Slip on pads often alter the length of pull too much. Most gun stocks are too long for me. I have a gun smith cut the stock to fit and add a pad. It is not cheap, but works well and the guns look good. You do not want to screw up a nice rifle.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If I remember right, the Limbsaver for the Rem 870 fit my GS. I think I had to drill one hole, but cant remember if that was my Red Label or Guide gun:hmmmm:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Also had a problem with a precision fit Packmyr Decelerator pad. But the fit was close. I took a fine point white marker and outlined the excess pad protruding from around the stock. I removed the pad and used sand paper to sand off the excess pad by using the white line as a guide. Worked great!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bill, if you ever get down closer to Patriots place, I may be able to help fit it. I have a nice piece of a black walnut stump I need to turn into a stock, but the smaller upgrades seem to keep getting finished first. SMK

·
Registered
420 Posts
This is valuable information, thanks for the link. Printed and on file!!

OOps, I meant to quote Unforgiven's link to Limbsavers recoil pad templates, but "reply with quote" didn't pop up..

Thanks again "Unforgiven"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts