Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Las Vegas area? Saw this on Armslist today. Too good of a deal so might want to be cautious !

"Up for sale is a Marlin 1894M was made from 1983 to 1989, 20 inch barrel, straight grip walnut stock and forearm, full length 11-shot tube magazine, and were chambered in .22 Magnum.This is a very nice 1894M in excellent condition."

Check out Las Vegas Nevada section of Armslist.

I
f it was local for me I'd be all over it!!!

Michael

Reactions: BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
No Good, Found out its a Scam!!!!

Beware!!!
What was the price?

I HAVE GOT TO HAVE one of those Someday!!!? I jus t love the 1894 action and the 22 Mag, so it's a given I Want One BADLY!!!!# Just Not as Bad as some of the prices of lately!!!!

BloodGroove4570

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Just looked at it and sent a mesg!

I didn't see if he would ship or not but asked him anyways.
I would be TICKLED PINK if I end up with it!!!!! :marchmellow:

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
569 Posts
Just looked at it and sent a mesg!

I didn't see if he would ship or not but asked him anyways.
I would be TICKLED PINK if I end up with it!!!!! :marchmellow:

BloodGroove4570
Good luck I hope you get it!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best of luck. I'm always a little leery when the price looks too good. For those who didn't or couldn't find the listing, they have $550 on it.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Wow! I wish it were closer.....and mine! Buyer Beware is all I can say, it does make one leery at that price............but I'd have to go look at it!

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Sold!!! I"m Buying It..... :marchmellow:

I'm leary but have to play my gut on it...?

Thanks Michael, I Think, LOL!!!! :tee:
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good idea Troy. I hadn't thought of that. If I had I may have called on this one!

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
I picked up my 94m for $400 at Gander a couple years back.

·
Administrator
27,828 Posts
+1 with T-Roy. No way would I purchase from Armslist without a dealer involved. Just a tad too risky for my blood.

If the seller is legit he will have no problem with going through a dealer. It's a good way to keep him honest.

Good luck Ray, hope it works out.

Jack

·
Premium Member
15,419 Posts
Good luck on the 1894M

$550.00 is a great price

I paid more than that for mine two years ago

Keep us posted with deluvery, pics and range report

Good luck

Reactions: utahtrapper

·
Registered
155 Posts
I traded emails with the seller when it first hit the wire. Turned me off right away. Waaaayyyy to many unknowns, funny language, posted twice, etc. I really hope it works out for the buyer...pretty good price.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Good for you ... looks like a great rifle...enjoy it

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
So someone copy's a GB listing and sell's it on another site
They should Burn in Hexx

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
No doubt Utah!!!

The Search continues! This story has a Happy Ending (Well sorta) No Gun, but NOT BURNT either!!!

Thnx
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
344 Posts
I found a good deal recently on armslist for a 41 mag and saw the seller was local. Started emailing the seller back and forth and the seller would only ship the rifle. Thought that was a little odd and asked to see it before I sent cash and he was out of town with the rifle and wanted me to send money to an out of state address. Then he would send me the gun. He avoided some questions and my gut feeling told me it was a scam.

I'm avoiding armslist all together now. Be careful.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If anyone knows BLOODGROOVe4570 - catch him before he sends any money (I sent a PM). I communicated with the same individual and he also "sold" the rifle to me. When I asked for some verification, he sent a photo of his NV driver's license, but it's a FAKE. The NV license is horizontal and they only issue the vertical printed license to those under 21. His DOB puts him at 53 years old, so it's all wrong. I also checked the local courts and found old traffic tickets for the same (unusual) name but it had a different DOB. Since confronting him and asking for additional verification, he's disappeared. Remember - if the price looks to good to be true - it usually is!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts