Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, someone just paid $2725 plus $35 shipping for an 1894FG on Gunbroker. And to top it off, it wasn't even NIB. In fact, it didn't have a box. :hmmmm:

Reactions: mjadams61

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
A fool and his money:vollkommenauf::biggrin:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Somebody else snagged a sharp 1894S .41 Mag a couple of hours later for $1025. Considering what they usually bring on GB someone should be pretty happy right now.

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
i guess it was worth $2725 plus $35 today because someone paid the price. not me.................

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
What good is the box?

I always wondered what the fascination was other than giving a seller the opportunity to lie and say....It's never been fired. LNIB. NIB.

Someone really believes this stuff?

Look at the price of Winchesters...I don't see any box!

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Before I found one, and wanted one, I still wouldn't pay that price! Now I wouldn't sell mine for that price.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Wow! The selling price of this one was shocking, but I'm beginning to think our pre-Remington Marlins that are LNIB or near it are slowly moving towards collector status.

I suspect limited edition Marlins and our other 'special' JM rifles will continue to creep up in price simply because they won't ever be built again.

The following 1894FG Marlin is a beauty with a 'buy it now' price of $2700. I'm curious about the stock on this one...pistol grip instead of straight stock.

Marlin 1894FG 41 Rem Mag JM New In Box : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Wow, but it buy for $2999!!!! Did they legalize pot in Minnesota?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
There has to be an explanation for this beyond buyer insanity. Anybody know how many of these 1894FGs were built? 1894FGs made in .41 mag? I'm thinking this had to be a fairly limited production model in .41mag.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
There not that rare, usually can find one or two on Gunbroker regularly. The FG's all have pistol grip stocks, as do the PG's. PG's come in 44 mag, FG's in 41 mag. If you get a FG or a PG, you can interchange parts with your 1894, and turn your carbine into a pistol gripped model.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
Well, I guess you have to want one pretty bad... :flute:

·
Registered
287 Posts
The FG's ARE a lot of fun. And I just don't see how I could even entertain selling one, so the price/value is completely moot to me except when it comes to security. That is where it's helpful to know what they are worth.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
If you never had one or shot one, you may say that you will not pay those prices. But those who have them normally keep them. I know that I will not sell my for that price.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts