Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current bid for a Marlin 1894CB limited in .357 Mag has a high bid of $1,776.00 with an hour left, the prices for some Marlins are just crazy.

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
You Ain't Liein!
Some folks have more money than brains IMHO!???
O well, glad I got what I got when I got'em!
Still "Need" a fewww more though... :shot:

BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm with you blood, I too am glad I purchased my Marlins when I did. I would like to have more as well but I refuse to pay the prices I am seeing. Living in the state of Andrew Cuomo like we do I believe we are safe with our Marlins.

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Engraved. Nice wood. 1999 production. But $3026.99 ? Are you kidding me? And .99? Glad it wasn't 3027.00 ...

Reactions: dpe.ahoy

·
Registered
969 Posts
That's sharp ....but not 3 Gs sharp! Way too much $$$ floating around out there. Mr fixit
A fool and his money are soon parted... But he sure is a happy fool :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Two "New" bidders got in a bidding war---still--there's probably about $1000.00 worth of engraving done on it----so $2000.00 should have been about the "Norm", if there is such a thing anymore. Seems like anything desirable starts at $1000.00 these days----------I don't need/want any of them that bad.

Steve

·
Registered
969 Posts
Two "New" bidders got in a bidding war---still--there's probably about $1000.00 worth of engraving done on it----so $2000.00 should have been about the "Norm", if there is such a thing anymore. Seems like anything desirable starts at $1000.00 these days----------I don't need/want any of them that bad.

Steve
Handsome .357's are going for $1400-$1500+ on GB. Add in the unique engraving ($1000-$1500). Now add in the artistic crescent stock of superb quality wood. What have you got??? A truly beautiful, one-of-a-kind firearm like no other. Applying value as if were just another 1894 makes no sense. There is no price at which someone underpays or overpays. It is whatever it is worth to them. If ya gotta have it, ya just gotta have it..... :biggrin:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yikes. I thought $600 for my 24" 45LC cowboy was steep back then. And I've been searching for a .38 Cowboy model with no luck. Sigh.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Yikes. I thought $600 for my 24" 45LC cowboy was steep back then. And I've been searching for a .38 Cowboy model with no luck. Sigh.
With the assassination of Marlin by Remington, and the demand for quality 1894 CB's in .357, the prices are bound to skyrocket. Will they come down to Earth? That would mean they failed to reach orbital altitude. I don't think so.
I just found this 2 minutes ago: Marlin 1894 cowboy limited 357 mag : Lever Action Rifles at GunBroker.com

·
Registered
258 Posts
What makes it worse is that the gun is not at all original. Aside from the butt stock and engraving, original 1894 CBs from 1999 would not have a 20 inch barrel. That gun has been seriously altered. Strange that it generated a bidding war.

·
Registered
969 Posts
What makes it worse is that the gun is not at all original. Aside from the butt stock and engraving, original 1894 CBs from 1999 would not have a 20 inch barrel. That gun has been seriously altered. Strange that it generated a bidding war.
"What makes it worse"? Gimme a break. Why does it have to be original? "Original" Marlins don't come engraved like that. So that engraving should devalue the rifle even if all other "modifications" were not present? Once the modification process begins, it's all in the eye of the beholder as to what the final worth should be.

Reactions: Reicher
1 - 19 of 19 Posts