Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post here. I found you doing a search for NEF and 500 S&W rifles.

I have been a moderate self proclaimed marlin collector since I was old enough to read a magazine and shoot a gun!! My first gun was a Marlin 336SC 35 rem....now I have to many to count and wouldn't even write the number down, for fear the wife would see and trouble world begin. but thats another story.

I have a question to ask, as I have always wondered about this one rifle I have. It is a 1894 in 357 mag caliber. The barrel is NOT roll marked with any other designation. IE like a "C" as most 357's are. It has exceptionaly figured wood and other than those two things is identicle to every other 1894C I have ever seen. I have the Brophy book and can find no referance there. I have spoken to Tony Aeaschlman <SP> of Marlin about this firearm some time back. I never herd one way or another......he is a busy man.

I look forward to all your responces,

Thanks guys!!

CW

· Registered
36 Posts
I am blessed with two 1981 vintage 1894 carbines. They both just say 1894. No "C". I think wood is luck of the draw for the most part.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.