Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THERE ARE MILLIONS OF US MARLIN 1894 OWNERS OUT HERE .

THIS IS A " MARLIN " ORIENTED FORUM . --- THE MODEL 336 FANS HAVE THEIR SPOT IN THE INDEX . --- THE 1895 GANG HAVE THEIR SECTION ;

----- WHY SHOULD US 1894 OWNERS HAVE TO SCROLL THROUGH HUNDREDS OF THREADS TO FIND INFO. ON OUR BELOVED RIFLES ??

------- PLEASE GO BACK TO THE INDEX , AND READ MY POST UNDER THE TITLE -- " FEEDBACK - QUESTIONS , PROBLEMS , COMMENTS " .

-------- THE TITLE OF THE POST IS , --

- " MARLIN 1894 FANS UNITE ! " -- by MMCOUGAR

·
Registered
555 Posts
I also thought the Coyboy Rifles forum was the 1894 forum.And yes this is a "marlin" oriented forum. Put together by larry out of his on pocket and he has spent alot of time and money.So all of us can have a place to come and talk about marlins.And it seems to me we should be thanking him for what he has done for us.Instead of complaining and telling him what you want or what he should have done or should do.
just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a couple of 1894S Marlin rifles. One is a .41 Mag., and the other is a .44 Mag. So, I go to the "Cowboy Rifles" forum for info on those two 1894Ss.

I also have a Marlin 336 .30-30, so for info on it, I go to the "336" forum.

Can't see any reason for a new forum.

L.W.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reply To: --- deerdown 444

Deerdown444 -- I'm 100% with you , partner , --- I used to post a little on the old Marlin Co. Site , before it closed , and got lots of useful and insightful info. there . ----- same apples here on Larry's site . ---- I'm very grateful to Larry , and I mean that sincerely .

If you havn't already , read the original post I put on the
" FEEDBACK - QUESTIONS , PROBLEMS , COMMENTS " site
( in this Forum -- see index ) .

I hope it's clear , that the whole presentation is ---HUMOROUS . --- If anyone reads it as critical of this Forum , or of Larry , they're interpreting my drift wrongly .

---- Larry , himself , has been cracking me up ever since his original " bottle washer " number .

But there is a serious point here , I think . -----

The " Marlin " focus of this site , and the Folks that gravitate to the site , are mostly interested in the Leverguns ( judging by the posts ) .

Much of the interest over this entire Forum is on the 336 , the 1895 , and the 1894 .

( There are millions of us 1894 owners , many of whom will eventually find this Forum ) .

To have a site for two of these and none for the third is not logical . --- Newcomers , and Oldtimers , see the 336 , and the Big Bore ( 1895 ) sites , and go to the " Other Marlins " site to find the 1894 ! -- Finally , if they hunt around enough they find some 1894 scattered around under other sites .

" COWBOY " has a specific meaning now , since the advent of formalized Cowboy Competition .

---- I think it's logical , and would save a lot of people a lot of time , and concentrate 1894 info. in one place ; to cut a specific site for M1894 's .

I think it's a CONSTRUCTIVE suggestion , and one that will make Larry ' s ( and our ) Forum --- BETTER .

------------ Regards , MMCOUGAR .

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I wouldn't change the title, but rather the sub description, to add, "1894's and other nostalgic old west guns." No reason for folks to get their shorts in a bind over small items, and the "Cowboy Rifles" title leaves more flexibilty.
Besides the 1895 doesn't have it's own thread, it shares with all big bores, as do all the rimfires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts