Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Marlin 16 inch Trapper unfired in the box. I believe it was made around 2002 and has a JM on the barrel. Does it have any value other than any other Marlin? I was thinking of cerakoting and modifying if it just a standard rifle. thanx !!

·
Premium Member
2,809 Posts
No, it is not a standard model.

·
Registered
6,670 Posts
I almost bought a new 16" Factory 1894 in 45 Colt back in 2000. So they were around before 2002. But they weren't a Marlin catalog item.

·
Premium Member
16,802 Posts
Hey Spring,

Welcome to MO.

Later, Mark

·
Registered
169 Posts
I would love to get my hands on a Marlin Trapper. Not to many ever made it up here and the ones that did are a bit pricey.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would say a new in the box uncatalogued JM marlin would be worth a premium, don't coat it. Find a worn out one to do it to. But it's yours so your choice.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
If you decide you want to sell it put it up for sale here on Marlin Owners first.
That way someone will buy it who appreciates it.
I'd be interested in it.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
The 16 inch trapper model is pretty rare. The standard 1894S in 44 magnum is the most common. I wouldn't cerakote a trapper but would consider doing it to a 1894S.

JMO,
-Bob George

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx to all for the info. I also have an 1894P 16 inch .44 Mag maybe i;ll do something with that one since the 44 is apparently more common, though i dont like the ported barrel. For now I mainly shoot a WWG 45-70/457WWG Co Pilot which i love . Just need a new project

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
I have a Marlin 16 inch Trapper unfired in the box. I believe it was made around 2002 and has a JM on the barrel. Does it have any value other than any other Marlin? I was thinking of cerakoting and modifying if it just a standard rifle. thanx !!
Absolutely worthless !
You'd better sell it to me dirt cheap.

** seriously..........I wouldn't modify or alter an original NIB JM Marlin in any way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts