Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Team 45-70 Big Buck Contest Winner 2013
962 Posts
I have the marlin 1894 limited SS 44 mag and it is close to 1895 CSBL but not quite there yet. It has the laminate stock and the stainless short barrel but mine is straight stocked (I prefer this over the pistol grip) I do not yet have the big loop but have almost pulled the trigger on aftermarket loop more than once. I found it cheaper to buy good thinner gloves so far.

I will state that my limited rocks and is my main deer rifle. With the scout scope I can get on moving deer fast and that seems to be what I get a chance to shoot where and how I hunt. I am mainly a still hunter and if I get 30-45 seconds to get on target before the deer is gone. This past season I was able to get a full minute to get in touch with my buck. I put one in the chest and followed up with one in the spine while running after the deer was running dead.

The limited SS run was 251 each in 357 and 44 mag I have heard 251 and 199 in 45 long colt and 41 mag. I had a chance to get one of each in 357 45 and 44 from my local gun pusher but only had cash for one and go the 44. I should have broke out the credit card and got all three. I have heard they made them in 41 mag also but have never saw one. Never saw another 357 since I bought the 44. I have one 45 long colt one now and have seen 3 other for sale in Indiana. These are not cheap now and I could have got all three for 1559 plus tax. Worst mistake I have made in some time to only buy the one not all 3. Had they all been the same serial number I would have but they were all off by a few.

·
Banned
4,733 Posts
Good, I found a 44. I gotta secure it with the rep in the morning.

$5 says it won’t outshoot my Henry Carbine

·
Registered
899 Posts
Good, I found a 44. I gotta secure it with the rep in the morning.

$5 says it won’t outshoot my Henry Carbine
Are we taking bets ... yet ... on whether it will be a 'Jam-O-Matic'? :D

After all ... they can't build the 44 Mag and 45 Colt Cowboy models right ... up 'til now. Why would the fact that it's Stainless make a difference?

·
Banned
4,733 Posts
I’m not that concerned about it being a jamamatic because I can fix that a bit. I get more concerned with how it shoots certain ammo and how many pounds I gotta go through to find what it likes.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I handled an 1894SBL in 2011 at a dealer show. Never did go to production until 2018. I have my order in for one!!!

I didn't know there was an ETA on production! I thought they were temporarily putting their new product line on hold while they restructure under Bankruptcy Protection.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I handled the 1894 CSBL at our UK shooting show in Birmingham yesterday , the Remington guy said they were coming and could be pre-ordered but priced at around £1400 OR $1950 !! He also said the finance package was inplace regarding the bankruptcy issue Remington have.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any definitive word on when the 1894 CSBL will be released? I thought I read "summer of '18" a while back. Would definitely want to get in line for this one.

70433_Marlin-1894CSBL-SS_Order70433_0.png

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ive been waiting for this rifle since it was first pictured in 2011 iirc. Does anyone have any insight as to when it will hit the stores?

·
Super Moderator
15,867 Posts
With what Remington/Marlin etc is going through right now....them puppies would take the likes of Merlin to get them to appear, and then the buyer has to hope they function. At Remingtons more than likely inflated price......I'd find a somewhat beat up older Marlin and make my own, at least I would know it works when my life might depend on it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I put a deposit on a 44SBL earlier in the year at a gun show here in UK. The one they had on the stand looked and felt great. The looks of my 45/70SBL but much lighter.
Told delivery June/July nothing so far......................................

1 - 20 of 36 Posts