Marlin Firearms Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Unfortunately I am about to move from GA to NY in the next 2 weeks, so my rifle buying is going to be on hold for a bit. Trying to get as much as I can now. I know I can get them there, but I can get one every 90 days and the wife can get one every 90 days, if we both have licenses. That is my understanding. I mean, what if I and the wife buy one, and then day 45 see the dream rifle. I would cry

Reactions: utahtrapper

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Trying to close this thread, is there a way to do that, or do they just stay open?

Reactions: utahtrapper

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
90 days is what they told me when I called the safe act number

· Registered
1,269 Posts
Yes Sir, patients is the key. I have been looking for a 336 in 44mag for 2 years. I want to load my S&W 44mag and the rifle with the came round. Good combination on pig hunts and deer.

· Registered
9,156 Posts
Maybe it was just an oversight, but the 336 doesn't come in 44 magnum.
You will have to go to a short-action 1894 for that, like the top one in the photo.
View attachment 98853
Marlin DID produce a 336 in the 44 mag. Check it out. DP

· Registered
593 Posts
and wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to get it back up to the top, I knew nobody saw it
No worries Chief. It would be my guess some Marliners don't like the ceracote. I'm not a fan myself, but seems like an OK price, but not great. Last summer I was lucky enough to find an 1894 SS (.44 mag in stainless) for $500 bucks, but it was a gun show find. The cerecote does hurt the value a bit, and if wifey would be upset, I'd hold out for one in original condition. Another JM Marlin .44 magnum should be pretty easy to find in the $500-$600 range. Not the validation you may have been after. Just my humble opinion.

- hutch

· Registered
23 Posts
Any firearm is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. I would say that $500 is a reasonable asking price for an 1894 Marlin, whether the caliber is 44 mag, 45 Colt, or 357 Mag. Because the rifle is coated with cerakote doesn't really make it worth more, unless that is something you are looking for. Customizing a gun, or an automobile, always seems to make the owner think it's worth more, but once you customize it, it is no longer original and any possible antique value as the item ages will be lost. So, there are two ways of looking at custom work, in one person's eyes the value is increased in another person's eyes the value is decreased. I own two Marlin's in 44 Mag, and I would probably sell one for $500 if I got an offer, but it all depends on the circumstances. I own 14 lever action rifles, most of them are Marlins...

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.