Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find out if this is worth 500.

Marlin 1894 in 44 Magnum, manufactured in 1976, pre-safety model, in excellent condition. Gun shoots and functions flawlessly, wood is immaculate, previous owner had the gun professionally cerakoted flat black, base and rings cerakoted to match

Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Shotgun

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now don't everybody chime in at once

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just don't know, just got into marlins about a month ago. I have 2 336 30-30s from the 60's and 336sc .35 from '62. So basically I only know crap about 336's, and I am not really sure I know anything about them for that matter

Reactions: windy

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well with the ones you have mentioned, your off to a great start. If I had the funds and a 44 pre safety was available for that price, I would buy it for sure.

Well, the wife says we don't have the funds, that is why I am looking for validation :)

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I guess I have time to "Chime IN" :hmmmm:

YEP,,,IF you like it. Do you think its worth $500 :questionmark: If you do Buy It!

BloodGroove4570

and wasn't trying to be rude, just trying to get it back up to the top, I knew nobody saw it

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rifle, if indeed is in good shape is worth 500. I dont know the cost to coat the rilfe, but that even adds to the value, if you are a hunter. If you want to collect marlins, I would maybe look a one thats all original. Hope this helps.
\

I definitely like original. 2 of my 3 are completely original, one in mint. I do like to hunt, I am buying synthetic stocks for them so when I go to the woods I won't scratch up the wood too much. I just didn't know about the cerekote though, I know it cost about 200 done right, but I didn't know how others looked upon doing that to them, as opposed to maybe getting them re blued.

Thanks for all of your guys input

Reactions: drjjpdc

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I passed on it and it sold. I think I would just like one original. Thanks for everyones input... kind of wish I would have gotten it though.

Reactions: Deadwood Pike

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Unfortunately I am about to move from GA to NY in the next 2 weeks, so my rifle buying is going to be on hold for a bit. Trying to get as much as I can now. I know I can get them there, but I can get one every 90 days and the wife can get one every 90 days, if we both have licenses. That is my understanding. I mean, what if I and the wife buy one, and then day 45 see the dream rifle. I would cry

Reactions: utahtrapper

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Trying to close this thread, is there a way to do that, or do they just stay open?

Reactions: utahtrapper

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
90 days is what they told me when I called the safe act number

· Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
please close/lock it down!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.