Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this rifle brand new two years ago and have had nothing but trouble with it. I have sent it back to Ilion NY twice for warranty work. Got it back the last time a month ago and after only 15 rounds the loading gate spring screw broke for the third time. Called customer service several times before talking with someone. They said I could send it back again or they would send me a new screw and gate. I ask if they could just refund my money because I was vary dissatisfied with there product and there customer service, They told me NO, so I ask to speak to a supervisor. He said no problem and transferred me to a full mailbox. Vary Frustrated!
Anyway it looks like I'm stuck with this rifle and it's problems. Marlin can't fix it, I can't shoot it, and I can't in good conscious sell this to anyone.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the screw from breaking?

Other problems Iv'e had, Front sight coming loose, Action binding, action jamming and more.

Thanks for letting me RANT!

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
Welcome from SW Ohio.

Sorry about all the problems with your Marlin. I understand your frustration.

If the only thing wrong is the loading gate screw, that's an easy fix. That would be far less trouble than sending it back again.

Once you find the screw, there are easy ways to lighten the tension on that loading gate. Or you could buy one with a lighter spring from Ranger Point Precision.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ain't that the truth.
Thank you all for your help. While I own more then a few firearms, some for protection and some for hunting and collecting. I always wanted a lever action (you know the cowboy thing). To bad my first lever gun turned out to be a lemon! By far the worst firearm Iv'e ever owned. Remington ruined a good company and a good name and I will never purchase there products again. Might as well make them in China!!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ain't that the truth.
Thank you all for your help. While I own more then a few firearms, some for protection and some for hunting and collecting. I always wanted a lever action (you know the cowboy thing). To bad my first lever gun turned out to be a lemon! By far the worst firearm Iv'e ever owned. Remington ruined a good company and a good name and I will never purchase there products again. Might as well make them in China!!
I have also given up on all things Remington.

·
Super Moderator
26,234 Posts
Welcome to Marlin Owners, hairball. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with your Marlin. It's a shame when you spend money in good faith and get a lemon.

Other problems I've had, Front sight coming loose, Action binding, action jamming and more.
Are you still having problems with the action binding/jamming and can you elaborate on whatever other troubles you're experiencing? Or have these problems been resolved?

If they have then what others recommended replacing the loading gate with a Ranger Point Precision loading gate would solve your problems.

If not, I have a contact in Marlin tech that will take care of your rifles problems or get it replaced. If you'd like his contact info send me a PM.

Jack

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
A new firearm should not be a kit/project gun unless it is sold that way. I had my own experience with an 1895G that took Ranger Point Precision breathing over it to make it something I am proud to own back when they did custom smithing. It’s encouraging to hear more stories from people that report that Remarlington is increasing the number of good guns they produce but clearly they’re not nearly up to pre-takeover quality. I can’t see ever buying another that I can’t take out and put a couple hundred trouble free rounds through. Sad, really.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to Marlin Owners, hairball. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with your Marlin. It's a shame when you spend money in good faith and get a lemon.

Are you still having problems with the action binding/jamming and can you elaborate on whatever other troubles you're experiencing? Or have these problems been resolved?

If they have then what others recommended replacing the loading gate with a Ranger Point Precision loading gate would solve your problems.

If not, I have a contact in Marlin tech that will take care of your rifles problems or get it replaced. If you'd like his contact info send me a PM.

Jack
Thanks Jack, I didn't get much of a chance to see if the other problems were resolved, Only put 15 rounds through it before the screw broke the last time. But those 15 rounds run really well. I started to think that maybe they got it right the last time. Just getting tired of the B S. Guess I just need to calm down and fix it myself.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts