Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,566 Posts
A few years ago I picked up a Marlin 93 carbine in very good condition for $350. Got new Redding dies and 200 new Win brass. I loaded 20 rds because I was in a big hurry to shoot it. Got down to creek to shoot it and bolt wouldn't lock. Back home I checked
it out and it worked fine. Decided to check my loads, they were right on the button. It just so happened that the loading manual
was open to 32/40 and opposite page was 32Win. I had a brain storm and fished out some 32Win ammo. Gun worked slick but
shot poor. It had been rechambered for 32Win and not marked. It put me down in the jaws. You aren't going to find nice 93s of
any caliber for $350 today.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never seen these on the market before, anyone know what they run price wise? Now this ones been re-blued and the stock appears refinished too, but I may have it case colored and new wood put on it.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I think you did good, if not reblued it would be 1600-3000 depending on how much finish was left. With a lot of case colors the price jumps high, if nice condition with faded case, the lower end. If real mintie No telling, I saw a super standard, but 32” a few months ago sell for 5k

·
Registered
427 Posts
Had my 1881 in 32-40 out with Black Powder for the first time the weekend at 100 yards. Just the stock frontpost sight but a Marbles Tang at the back.

38 grains of Medium BP, 170 grain cast slug, sized 0.323, 50-50 Beeswax/Tallow lube. No crimp. Single fed.

First 3 went to a 1/4 inch cluster, the next 2 opened it to 1.15" Not bad, will try to wipe the bore between shots next time.

32-40 is very accurate. I think they call it 'inherently' so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.