Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just thought I'd post a couple pics of a nice 38-55 that has been in the family for a long time. I can remember talk about this rifle from as far back as I can remember!. My Father gave this rifle to my Brother in-law after he killed his first Michigan Buck with it sometime in the early 70's. His son then used it to kill a nice pig a few years ago.
I wish I had more history of this rifle, where my father got it and the things it has seen in years past...Man!..if this rifle could talk, the story's it could tell! Hope it see's more days in the Michigan woods!!
CLICK ON PICS TO MAKE FULL SIZE.
Gun Rifle Firearm Shotgun Air gun
Floor Stain Flooring

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
The only things I know about mine are, it left the factory in 1894 and it showed up at a yard sale in Jacksonville Fla in 2015.

I like to think it did a lot of good between 1894 and 2015, put meat on the table, defended the original owner against Indians, protected livestock against cattle rustlers.......

·
Premium Member
4,945 Posts
Yep, I like the warm look a well used rifle has. One that may have a ding or two and some honest bluing loss means that it was used a lot, and meant a lot to someone. That one especially, being a family gun and all. Write down what you remember of it in the past, and keep it with the rifle, whoever gets it next. Thanks for sharing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.