Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just received a model 1889 origanal that used to be in the family since 1890 ser # 400xx This gun is in great condition and shoots like a dream. It has never been modified that I can see and everything is origanal it has round barrell in which only aprox 8,800 were made. Question is should I shoot it or put it on the shelf as a family treasure.
also what would be the value in the future. Thanks Rod

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
If you take care of it, and shoot mild cast bullet loads, there's no reason it shouldn't be fired. I assume it has been fired before, and that's what it was built to do. Firing it wont reduce it's future value, if it is well maintained.
As to what the future value might be, I sure couldn't tell you. It's hard these days to just keep up with present values, since the collectable gun market seems to constantly change!

·
Registered
719 Posts
gun values

yup! i agree with mm93.....just got back from my kentucky run', and the few old guns at the gun shops have gone up from 2 months ago!!! and if i sold my sweds at the prices they were asking....i could afford that lettered sharps!!!!! :shock: for one 1917 m/96 ~$450.00!! that year was the most produced!!!
the colt walker didn't have the price tag turned over to wear i could see the price~ and i didn't even ask! :roll:
mm93 and 'hogger are shortly on thier way to being gazillionares!!!! :wink:
i'm glad for my little 94' 25-20 i got 2 years ago......i couldn't afford it now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts