Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a Remington 597 17HMR (which was recalled) for a long time and finanly decided to call Remington and see if I could exchange it for a 17HMR bolt action.

The one they are trading it for is a Marlin VSFL which is a bolt action 17HMR with a laminate stock and a stainless barrel.

The thing I want to know is if any one has any experience with how they shoot and how reliable they are... It should not be any worse than the 597 was.

I would also like to know the difference in the 17VSFL and the 17VSL

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a marlin 917v in .17 hmr, with the heavy bull barrel on it, I am more than impressed with this rifle, it can shoot beyond my ability to, It is like a laser, I have a 3-9x32 bsa scope on it right now, but am seriously thinking of putting some real powerful glass on this bad boy. I think you will be very pleased with your new rifle.

Gersty

·
Premium Member
319 Posts

My marlin 17vfls is the most accurate rimfire I have. I have no problems with it. I use the hornady tnt. Here's a picture of it along side my 917 mach2, and 983 22 magnum. By the way the fls stands for fluted stainless laminate. It wears a nikon prostaff 2-7 scope. The mach2, and 22 mag. has weaver 2-7 rimfires scope.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
cgersty is right about the accuracy of the marlin. Mine loves remington and Hornady 5 shot groups 1/2 " at 100yds.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine is the 17VL, which has the laminated stock but is blued steel. Bought it back in 2003. It has a Simmons 4-12x44mm AO Whitetail Expedition scope held in place by a BKL Technologies #261 scope mount. I also tricked it out with a Rifle Basix trigger. It'll do sub-MOA and has a trajectory like a stretched rubber band.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts