Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can somebody tell me what the shotgun is worth in the year as it used it in about 20-30 years I noticed that it has two sites however the one on the very tip of the barrel is missing? Also how many shells can this thing hold haven't bought any yet? Are there any videos easy way to clean it or the simple like all the rest of the shotguns? Cat nose ball bearing type tip do the barrel sites be purchased anywhere is it even worth fixing? Anybody know anything about these shotguns? Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your shotgun looks stunning at the tip of your Barrel that's the piece I'm missing that little Brass Ball there's two of them up on top or its Rich mines missing one

·
Super Moderator
13,968 Posts
Your shotgun looks stunning at the tip of your Barrel that's the piece I'm missing that little Brass Ball there's two of them up on top or its Rich mines missing one
I think they are have threads and screw into the top of of the barrel or rib. If they are broken off you would need to back it out so you can screw a new one in I also believe they were made in different sizes and can be bought in different sizes as well. There are tools made for installing them.

·
Super Moderator
13,968 Posts
As far as value they don't bring a lot of money. I paid $200. for mine earlier this year and another $100 for the extra full choke barrel. They are great shotguns and well built they just never gained on the Remington 870 and the Winchesters that already owned the market on the pump shot guns. I believe mine holds five without the plug plus one in the receiver for 2 3/4 shells and maybe 4 and one in the chamber for 3" shells.

·
Registered
32 Posts
They are chanbered for 3". It will hold 5 3" or 6 2 3/4".
I recieved my first one new for a Christmas present from my brother. It was around$120.00. Plane barrel. Bought a 28" mod., vent at a gun show, the slug barrel at another show, a 30' full through a member here and a 40" on another gun on an auction site. It has been a work horse for me. I have shot trap, hunted deer and rabbit, grouse.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I bought a new 120, 30 inch full (as most were) and killed a lot of jumped mallards with it in the mid 70s in Colorado. Excellent, all-steel guns, but very heavy. I remember I gave $151 for mine when they first hit the market.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts