Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinion etc on Marlin Model 55 and 24, both 12 gage.
Model 55 price is 189.00
Model 24 c grade is 780.00
I've seen both locally, they are in great condition However I don't know much about either one.
Would be interested to hear opinions.
Thanks Tony

·
Super Moderator
38,221 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for responding

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Model 24s are nice. Love mine.
That model had mixed reviews if I read it correctly, some said are dangerous only use as wall piece, tell you what this one I've seen appears to be in great condition considering the age.
I'm seriously considering getting both the 55 and 24 for my collection.
I have 2 30 30s both in outstanding condition, camp 9 that is gorgeous piece.
4 model 60s
Much appreciate both of you responding.
Thanks Tony

·
Registered
44 Posts
SASS ( cowboy action) has banned them after the Marlin company warning. We still have a store brand Marlin 17 I believe in the family had have shot it duck hunting in ND. I was going to shoot it in cowboy action until I was told of the ban.

I just remembered at the grand American trapshooting museum in Vandalia, OH; they had a pump Marlin ( hammerless if memory serves) that had a million documented rounds fired through it. Yes, 1,000,000.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SASS ( cowboy action) has banned them after the Marlin company warning. We still have a store brand Marlin 17 I believe in the family had have shot it duck hunting in ND. I was going to shoot it in cowboy action until I was told of the ban.

I just remembered at the grand American trapshooting museum in Vandalia, OH; they had a pump Marlin ( hammerless if memory serves) that had a million documented rounds fired through it. Yes, 1,000,000.
Good lord wow 😳😁

·
Registered
579 Posts
SASS [Single Action Shooting Society] allowed Marlin hammer shotguns for many years even though Marlin had sent notifications to gunsmiths NOT to repair these old guns to use in cas when it took off. I believe that when The Wild Bunch acquired the Founders Ranch they lawyered up to protect the property from lawsuits and made the Marlins illegal. My local cas club allows them. They’re good guns when checked out right.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SASS [Single Action Shooting Society] allowed Marlin hammer shotguns for many years even though Marlin had sent notifications to gunsmiths NOT to repair these old guns to use in cas when it took off. I believe that when The Wild Bunch acquired the Founders Ranch they lawyered up to protect the property from lawsuits and made the Marlins illegal. My local cas club allows them. They’re good guns when checked out right.
Much appreciate you all enlightening me on these guns.
I'm going for both of them, the model 24 and model 55.
Both are in great condition, also looked on gun broker both are fairly priced.
Thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts