Marlin Firearms Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm new to the forum but thank you for sharing your testimony. I have been a Christian many years and Jesus has never failed in His promises to me. When things seem confusing remember to look to Him.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Always remember...It's not about religion...It's about relationship...Just between you and Jesus. Congrats. on your decision.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi Marla,

Of all the decisions that could be made, you got the one that really counts. It will take years of study to realize just how special of a situation
you are in. A jew getting saved during the age of grace which is primarily a time of the gentile is really special Praise God and pass the ammo.

Of all places On a gun forum to hear of a Jewish woman getting saved. That made my YEAR.

STUDY THE BOOK OF JOHN and it will help you grow FAST.

welcome to the family of God sis,

Brother Ashleyover

·
Registered
436 Posts
Praise be! Thank you for your story and Love the end results!

·
Banned
129 Posts
When i first accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, i was given the very best advice anyone could have given me as he handed me a bible. He said these words to me: You need to get to know the Lord. There is no better way than to read his four gospels, and find out what He says, because it doesn't matter what anyone on this earth says. It does however matters what He says. He is his word. Once you read those gospels, read the new testament which means new and everlasting covenant. It is what you now live by, not what others think. Ask the Holy Spirit to teach you, John 14:17 & 26. He will teach you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am proud for you, Maria. I accepted Him in 1959 and it has been wonderful.
My wife is an Ordained Minister in the Church of God. Together, we have a widows ministry in Clarksville, TN. My wife is Pastor of Senior Ministries at our church and we have a Wednesday morning service for seniors with appx. 50 people of 10 different denominations in attendance. "aint Jesus good?
I love my wife but, Our Lord comes first in our lives. God richly bless you, Maria.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am proud for you, Maria. I accepted Him in 1959 and it has been wonderful. <br>My wife is an Ordained Minister in the Church of God. Together, we have a widows ministry in Clarksville, TN.  My wife is Pastor of Senior Ministries at our church and we have a Wednesday morning service for seniors with appx. 50 people of 10 different denominations in attendance.  "aint Jesus good?  <br>I love my wife but, Our Lord comes first in our lives. God richly bless you, Maria.

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,940 Posts
Christianity has answered everything I need to spiritually know. It transfers to every day encounters.

AC

·
Super Moderator
11,081 Posts
Since my father passed away I have been thinking about Accepting Jesus as my Savior. I grew up Jewish and have always tried to follow that religion. When I moved to NE Florida I realized that there weren't many Synagogues in the area. I started to attend a Christian church that on every Sunday AM went over the Old Testament. As time passed I realized that I started to accept Christ as the Messiah. Today I discussed with my pastor that I wanted to Accept Christ as my Savior. He asked me what I believed in and I told him how I felt. He then said to me that I had just been Saved. Brian was saved 14 years ago. He has been trying to get me to accept Jesus all these years. When he found out he started to announce it to everyone at the Church. They now say to me that when the 2nd Coming occurs I will be . redeemed(saved). I found that alot of the New Testament is a restatement of the Old Testament. Today my life starts a new chapter in my religious learning.
My wife is Jewish - I was raised Baptist but I deeply believe that what's important is understanding that what saves you is accepting a personal relationship with God.
When Jesus died the curtain separating the inner Holy of Holys - where God's presence lived - was torn, symbolizing that through Christ, we may once again approach God even as sinners.
Jews are taught that absolute obedience to the Law is required since by our sinful nature we have separated ourselves from God and the law is the guidance to being sin-less.
Of course it is impossible to follow the law thus people are forever set apart from God the Father - except through Jesus Christ.
I would suggest that you keep alive the Jewish traditions that you grew up with. Teach them to your husband that he may be enriched in his spiritual life.
I find the rituals wonderful and fulfilling on a whole different level. I also enjoy going to Seders and other meetings plus the rabbi is a wonderfully learned person to talk to about spiritual matters.
We still try to have Shabbat prayers and say the blessings for husband and wife - it is important to ask a blessing for your loving spouse.
It is taught by both Christian and Jewish clergy that the husband or wife brings their spouse into a state of grace with God.
Being as you are both worship the God of Abraham you can't lose ;)
Shalom aleichem

Reactions: Sweetwater
41 - 52 of 52 Posts