Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my father passed away I have been thinking about Accepting Jesus as my Savior. I grew up Jewish and have always tried to follow that religion. When I moved to NE Florida I realized that there weren't many Synagogues in the area. I started to attend a Christian church that on every Sunday AM went over the Old Testament. As time passed I realized that I started to accept Christ as the Messiah. Today I discussed with my pastor that I wanted to Accept Christ as my Savior. He asked me what I believed in and I told him how I felt. He then said to me that I had just been Saved. Brian was saved 14 years ago. He has been trying to get me to accept Jesus all these years. When he found out he started to announce it to everyone at the Church. They now say to me that when the 2nd Coming occurs I will be . redeemed(saved). I found that alot of the New Testament is a restatement of the Old Testament. Today my life starts a new chapter in my religious learning.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Marla,

That is so fantastic! The book of Matthew is the gospel for the Jews. I'm not saying the others aren't either, it's just that it was written for a Jewish audience, but now that you are believer you may find John particularly good too. Then of course the epistle to the Hebrews is very good, and of course the wonderful letters of Peter, then there are the marvelous Psalms and the amazing history of Isaiah (particularly chapter 53), and don't even get me started on Paul, and... Oh dear, well you can see where this is going. ;D

I am so very happy for your husband too. I am quite sure this is an answer to many, many prayers. You are not only his wife now, but his sister in Christ. What a blessing!

“by common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, was vindicated in the spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory.” (1Ti 3:16 NAS95)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Praise the Lord!

Jesus will return when all the Jewish people have recognized Him as the Messiah.
The Lord's feasts still connect all who are saved. I myself have been grafted in with the God's Chosen People through Jesus Christ.

It is good to have a new Child of God, there is rejoicing in Heaven.

·
Administrator
23,773 Posts
Bless you Marla, accepting Christ as your savior will bring you a peace and calm you will come to love life and accept things with a happy heart that makes it possible.

·
Super Moderator
10,592 Posts
Woohoo, way to go, Marla! Welcome to the Lord's family!

You have a helper in you, now, and a new life :)

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
May God continue to bless you, we are rejoicing hearing this confession of faith from you Marla.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
That is great news. The bible says that natural man cannot fully understand the things of God, only thru accepting Christ can the Holy Spirit come into our lives and abide in us, He will help to guide us and thru that guidance we can gain a better understanding of the things of God. You have trully started a whole new life and a whole new understanding will come upon you. I know from my experience seeing my children accept Christ and be baptized into the body of believers, that you have trully lifted a burden from your husband who I am certain has been praying for your salvation.

·
Super Moderator
15,478 Posts
Congratulations Marla!

Remember that the task in front of you is never as great as the power behind you.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
Praise God and welcome to the family, Marla! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Our God is indeed and awesome God!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
After my first marriage ended, I gave up the ministry and ran a muck for a while. I met my current wife and we both agreed we never step in a church again. Some years later I had moved back to southern California and got a job and about three months later my wife joined me. Before this happened I had began attending my old church again and had rededicated my life to Christ.

I would stop at my daughter house and pick up my then infant granddaughter and take her to church with me. When my wife joined me I told her that we were going to church on sunday. She was skeptical but went.

I was in the back of the sanctuary holding my sleeping granddaughter and talking to my pastors wife (they are my oldest friends) when her daughter walked up and said
"Mom, dad's talking to Ronda." Jack (the pastor) had stopped in mid-sentence walked over to my wife and started talking to her. The woman that vowed never to step into a church again in her life accepted Christ that first day in a church in over 40 years.

It's been 5 years now and we are always there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
This is cool!!! You're going to be amaze how much better your marriage will be now...as good as it was. Now that both of you are on the same page (the one mind, one spirit, on body thing), don't be surprise if you find your adventures together more exciting!

Glad to know that I have one more sister to visit when I am bouncing around the clouds (whoops....must be that ADHD kicking in) ;D

Lonerider

1 - 20 of 52 Posts