Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the difference between the Marauder and the Texan and why were they discontinued? What calibers were they offered in? Both appear to be the same except for barrel length. Was that it? Fonally, what would the value of either if in 90% condition or better?

MadDog

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
The Texan was an 18.5" barrel, in .30-30, and the Marauder was a 16.25" barrel, in .30-30 or .35 Rem. If you're talking regular Texan 336TS, then the Marauder is worth about $350-$400, while the Texan is $150 less. BUT...the Texan carbine 336T (.30-30, .35 and .44), or Deluxe carbine 336DT, are worth much more than the regular TS. The 336T is close to the Marauder, at about $275-$300, while the Deluxes (when found!) run in the $700+ range in 90%!
Also, the Texan carbine offered in .44 Mag, bring premiums too!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Marlinman. Fact is, a guy recently showed me a Marlin Texan in 30-30 that has a 20" barrel, straight grip stock, full length mag tube, saddle ring, ect. it's condition is 90% or better and has had an action job. He may make it available for sale in the near future and he has agreed to give me first option when he does. We haven't yet discussed price, so I'm wondering what a fair price would be.

MadDog

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Sounds like the Texan carbine. I've seen them locally at guns shows, with price tags of $350, but they aren't going anywhere at that price. Most the ones that are selling, are at $300, or less.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Marlinman,
That's a price that's agreeable to me and this guy is very fair. I'll just sit and wait, and see if the opportunity comes my way.

MadDog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts