Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a thread before with pics and what I knew from the auction house. So, this is what showed up yesterday at my FFL. Had to put some oil on the metal and some furniture oil on the wood. Honestly, it looks like it was hunted hard until 1970 and never touched again. It was covered in grime. Anyway, I can attest this gun has never been a part and is an original Marauder. It has honest wear, but the bore is nice. Glad I bought it.

Along, in the same lot from the deceased owner came a 336 in 30-30 from 1973. This too was covered in grime . Bore is excellent but finish on wood is a mess. Not the same oiled stocks as the Marauder from early 1960's. Not sure what I'm going to do to this rifle. All and all after some cleaning, I'm happy after spending slightly under $2k with auction fees, shipping, tax, and dealer fee.
Wood Air gun Trigger Shotgun Automotive exterior

Combat vehicle Wood Air gun Tank Shotgun
Wood Hardwood Shotgun Gas Trigger

Attachments

· Registered
4,943 Posts
Started a thread before with pics and what I knew from the auction house. So, this is what showed up yesterday at my FFL. Had to put some oil on the metal and some furniture oil on the wood. Honestly, it looks like it was hunted hard until 1970 and never touched again. It was covered in grime. Anyway, I can attest this gun has never been a part and is an original Marauder. It has honest wear, but the bore is nice. Glad I bought it.

Along, in the same lot from the deceased owner came a 336 in 30-30 from 1973. This too was covered in grime . Bore is excellent but finish on wood is a mess. Not the same oiled stocks as the Marauder from early 1960's. Not sure what I'm going to do to this rifle. All and all after some cleaning, I'm happy after spending slightly under $2k with auction fees, shipping, tax, and dealer fee.
View attachment 913234
View attachment 913235 View attachment 913236
Those Buyer's Premiums and sales tax add up quick! Nice looking Marauder.

· Registered
5,752 Posts
Congratulations, I have been trying to buy one, a 35, NIB from a friend for over 20 years! I have bought several of his "good" ones, but that one is not in my expectations...Enjoy it as you should.

· Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's a "Buy a Marauder and get a 336 for free "sale.
Well done !
That was the plan, and that's exactly what happened. I honestly thought I was going to be outbid. The nice thing is that they both were advertised as just "two Marlin leveraction rifles".

· Super Moderator
7,565 Posts
Congrats on a rare find!

Reactions: bassetman1974
1 - 17 of 17 Posts